• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snakes Alive!

Butshot

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
31   0
Reaction score
Went out to weed wack today, got a dead Pine tree about 300 yards from the house next to my lawn mower landscaping instrument shed ( which is an old 15' truck body ) and started to weed wack, then decided to use the lawn mower to reduce the weeds. When I got close to the highest weeds with the mower a copperhead came out making a bee line for the under growth! Of course I didn't have a carry piece with me so I went back to the house to get my .410 and couldn't find any shells. So now I'm heading to Wal Mart for ammo and preparing to go on the Hunt!

I saw a big FAT copperhead this Thursday. It was in the road and I swerved around thinking it was the big rat snake that lives in the cabin behind my house. As I slowly drove by hanging my head out the window I came face to face with the biggest copperhead I've ever seen in GA. 100% positive on the ID.

Wear your boots and watch where you step. They're on the move.

Beautiful snake but I don't think I want to pet him.
zcopperhead-snake-fangs.jpg

Went out to weed wack today, got a dead Pine tree about 300 yards from the house next to my lawn mower landscaping instrument shed ( which is an old 15' truck body ) and started to weed wack, then decided to use the lawn mower to reduce the weeds. When I got close to the highest weeds with the mower a copperhead came out making a bee line for the under growth! Of course I didn't have a carry piece with me so I went back to the house to get my .410 and couldn't find any shells. So now I'm heading to Wal Mart for ammo and preparing to go on the Hunt!

Don't understand why you needed a fire arm, you had the best weapon of all in your hands. Should have mowed his a## over and been done with it.

Pretty sure he is long gone by now. But you should know that it has been proven by SCIENCE that 100% of all snake bites on people occurs when people are close enough to a snake to be stuck...

Back
Top Bottom