• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snakes are out - FYI

My wife walked up on a black snake with yellow stripes outside garage. From how she described it it had to been king snake.....any thoughts?

My wife walked up on a black snake with yellow stripes outside garage. From how she described it it had to been king snake.....any thoughts?
best way to tell is to put your hand near its mouth... afterwards, if you have no broken skin or what looks like a skin rubbed with sand paper you dont have to worry. If it you have two little holes in your hand, you should kill it once you get back from the hospital.

Eastern King. They are called "King"snakes because they eat other snakes....including rattlers...

Talked about this the other day. It is a misdemeanor to kill a non-venomous in the state of GA. A felony to kill an Indigo. No restriction on venomous.

All the snakes, frogs, lizards etc are emerging from winter and are hungry and out looking for a frog or mouse to eat!

best way to tell is to put your hand near its mouth... afterwards, if you have no broken skin or what looks like a skin rubbed with sand paper you dont have to worry. If it you have two little holes in your hand, you should kill it once you get back from the hospital.

^^^ LOL!!! hilarious

Glad I got myself a new pair of danner pronghorn snake boots for thunder chicken season....

Back
Top Bottom