• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Snow jam 2014(Traffic Gridlock)=SHTF

Stonewalljackson

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
2   0
Reaction score
It took 4 hours to go 10 miles this afternoon. The wife still hasn't made it home. This is a taste of Armageddon if it ever happens. I didn't have my bug out bag, but had my pistol. It's rather scary when traffic is in gridlock and you don't know what's ahead. What is your story for Today?

These events make for good trial runs.

Had my GHB bag, seasonal gear, "truck kit" i.e. towstrap, wool blanket, extra food & water, spare clothing, small propane heater w/ fuel, handwarmers, assorted tools, woodsaw, etc, etc, etc.

Every since the blizzard of '93 I've continually evolved as a prepper.

These mini-events are fun since I at least get to use some of the stuff I've accumulated over the years.

Now if the power will just go out, the water freeze, roof tear off, nuclear fallout drop, bird flu hit & zombies attack I can test out all my gear.

I went and picked my son up at 5:00 in Snellville and got back to L'ville by 6:00. The road was black and wet when I left and snow covered when I got back. It was a tiny bit slippery but the Impala made it with no issues. Now we are dug in for the night and tomorrow.

I am originally from Ohio so driving in this crap is not an issue, it's watching out for everyone else. In Ohio my winter beaters over the years were a 1968 Buick Special, a 1984 Z28 and several square style S-10's. All single wheel drive. The only vehicle I ever really got stuck was a 1979 Toyota 4x4 pickup. BIG tires suck on ice.

I'm camping out at work. The night shift guy wasn't going to make it. And I didn't want to chance not being able to come in this morning. I have everything here to sustain life for a few days anyway.

And my son is at home to protect the fiance and little ones if needed.

Remember to teach your kids how to shoot! And most important, GUN SAFETY!

Luckily I had my hunting overalls in my car. Got a mile and a half from home, parked the car and walked the rest of the way (with some extra coca cola for mixers). The problem was my shoes, since they were dress shoes. Needed some good boots and socks. Lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom