• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So after 4 weeks of CFB, what have you learned about your team?

North Texas didn't do **** against Ga. In the beginning of the 4th quarter they had negative rushing yards on the game. They scored twice on opportunities that they took advantage of.

I agree. Not sure what game he watched but stats and facts say UGA's defense dominated that game.

14 of NTU's 21 points came off of special teams play. Kickoff return for a TD and a blocked punt recovered in the endzone for a TD. Not sure what UGA's defense had to do with either of those scores.

North Texas netted 8yds of rushing for the game and under 250 in the air.

As far as Florida's defense.......using Tennessee as a gauge on how well your defense is playing is laughable. Not much else to say there.

Last edited:
I agree. Not sure what game he watched but stats and facts say UGA's defense dominated that game.

14 of NTU's 21 points came off of special teams play. Kickoff return for a TD and a blocked punt recovered in the endzone for a TD. Not sure what UGA's defense had to do with either of those scores.

North Texas netted 8yds of rushing for the game and under 250 in the air.

As far as Florida's defense.......using Tennessee as a gauge on how well your defense is playing is laughable. Not much else to say there.

Lets look back at my quote. I never said what numbers (and i didnt watch this game, there were better games on). Dont assume things before making blanket statements. Special teams win ball games and thats both return teams and defese teams. And secondly, where did i ever say i was using strictly tenn as a reference for their defense? We held MIA to 50 rushing yards on 28 attemps and they have some of the best rushing stats in CFB. If FLA defense stays healthy, doesn't give up big plays, and limits turnovers, the FLA can easily win the east. Murphy looked great for his first game taking snaps. He made good choices, and when a pass wasn't there he either ran the ball and threw it away. Driskle would force plays which is what cost us the game against MIA.

Lets look back at my quote. I never said what numbers (and i didnt watch this game, there were better games on). Dont assume things before making blanket statements. Special teams win ball games and thats both return teams and defese teams. And secondly, where did i ever say i was using strictly tenn as a reference for their defense? We held MIA to 50 rushing yards on 28 attemps and they have some of the best rushing stats in CFB. If FLA defense stays healthy, doesn't give up big plays, and limits turnovers, the FLA can easily win the east. Murphy looked great for his first game taking snaps. He made good choices, and when a pass wasn't there he either ran the ball and threw it away. Driskle would force plays which is what cost us the game against MIA.

You said NTU put up big numbers against UGA when you were talking about defense. If that's not what you meant, try learning proper sentence structure.

Last edited:
UF:
Offense: With Driskle out for the season, and Murphy performing great against Tenn. (considering that game was his first of the season) i see Murphy taking driskles job away and the offense picking up steam. Had Murphy been in against Miami, UF would have won.
Defense: As always our D is a force. As long as they dont give up the big plays on missed assignments then you cant beat them. This was proven against Miamis run game as well as tenns. overall offense.
Special Teams: Hit and Miss. They have played average on ST. Nothing steller and nothing horrific. But with Sturgis in the NFL, field goals are not a sure thing as they were before. But our new kicker (name leaves me) has proven decent and will continue to improve.

I agree with you on this. I wanted to give JD a chance, but after his performance against UM I was done. I'm sorry it had to happen this way but I'm excited again after watching Tyler Murphy play.

GO GATORS

That Ohio State's 12-0 record last year wasn't a fluke. That Urban Meyer has a Midas touch. And the SEC should take notice that the swing in power has started shifting and a Big 10 team will contend again.

Back
Top Bottom