• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, can a person really shoot multi brands guns as effective as TV depicts?

My dad is a natural. Almost any gun I bring over to the farm, one to two shots and he's hitting whatever he aims at.
Me, not so much.
Luckily, my youngest son takes after his Grandfather.

Combat accuracy is different than target accuracy. Even though you feel your not accurate with a new gun, I bet you could still adequately defend yourself at 15 yards or less with just about any gun. Sure your group might look terrible on paper but when you your shooting center of mass to defend yourself does the spread of your group really matter?

The things that gets me about movies, is not about how accurate the good guys are.... because the real professionals in this world can shoot that good or better.

It’s how bad the bad guys shoot. Sheesh bad guys can never hit anything....and those Star Wars storm troopers are the best trained worst marksman of all time, plus all that armour they wear does not protect them from anything, so what’s the point of wearing all that stuff.

I'm extremely proficient in the handling of arms of all types but since I try in ernest to wound an attacker with an elbow shot I stick to a 1911 in .45 ACP. Even a close miss will cause the joint to become useless and the assailant stops the agression.

I still laugh (although I watch every chance I get) at the Clint Eastwood movies, where he can shoot everything and anything. Especially one scene in where he shoots the rope of the top hatch of a door and knocks the guy out with the swinging door, from @ 50 yards. Not in my lifetime could I do that to save my life!

Back
Top Bottom