• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So far, I say "PISS ON 2018!"

Talk about a crap start to a new year.

Wife had to have emergency surgery Saturday before last (1/13), had to have her appendix removed. Then, this past Sunday (1/21), her grandfather passed away.

The man had nothing planned except for life insurance and a plot paid for. Which ain't too bad, until you find out there is an "opening and closing" fee for the grave that's $1100, due now, before the life insurance pays out. And even though he had insurance, it is hard on family to pick out a casket and get everything ready. I told Dawn our kids WILL NOT have to do this. I am going to start planning and paying for everything now. I do not wish this burden on them.

Talk about a real kick you in the privates start off to a new year.
Dang brother, that IS a crappy start for the year but I'm glad your wife is gonna be okay. I'm sorry about her grandfather though, having to make arrangements are hard enough as it is but with all the snakes in the grass out there trying to steal you blind during a time like this is awful. Same kinda crap happened to me when my Dad died and it was all just a blur, I couldn't think straight enough to listen to advice from folks who had already "been there & done that".
When I go I want to be propped up against a tree deep in the woods where nature can take it's course, but apparently there are laws against that. Smdh.....

Talk about a crap start to a new year.

Wife had to have emergency surgery Saturday before last (1/13), had to have her appendix removed. Then, this past Sunday (1/21), her grandfather passed away.

The man had nothing planned except for life insurance and a plot paid for. Which ain't too bad, until you find out there is an "opening and closing" fee for the grave that's $1100, due now, before the life insurance pays out. And even though he had insurance, it is hard on family to pick out a casket and get everything ready. I told Dawn our kids WILL NOT have to do this. I am going to start planning and paying for everything now. I do not wish this burden on them.

Talk about a real kick you in the privates start off to a new year.
I am glad your wife is doing better. It will pass. Keep your head up, someone is always worse than you are. The Good Lord is with us always
Pre-planning is a good thing. As far as your wife's grandfather, creamation is cheaper, if family is open to it. Almon funeral home in Carrollton treated me right both times, if you are still looking for a place.

Yup. I put my 15 year old hound down yesterday. I've lost a lot of friends and loved ones over the years but his death really got to me. There's just something about a good dog...they don't have any bad memories, stupid hang-ups, dumb politics or sketchy motives...They just love you no matter what. I miss him wagging his tail waiting for me to walk through the door.

Glad to hear your wife will ok...sorry about the death in the family my friend...keep your head...when it's seems your at the bottom the way it can go is UP!

Family in our old neighborhood in Lawrenceville, poor, no resources, no insurance, the bastid funeral home got them for 16K for the funeral for the father. Widow lives on about $800 SS a month and has to go to church food pantry to supplement her food supply. They couldn't have paid for a $1600.00 funeral, let alone 10 times that.

Back
Top Bottom