• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So how many folks got a call from the Postal Inspector lately?

The USPS agent said that they were mainly looking for information so they could stack-on charges against these guys. He even pointed out that private sales were perfectly legal in GA when I asked him if he though I sent a gun to CA through the mail.

That first conversation with him was pretty confusing, mainly because I wasn't even sure that this was real and all he had was some info from this guys account. A random phone call from a CA number by a person claiming to be a federal agent sure sounded like a scam to me.
The less you say, the better. Nothing you tell law enforcement can ever be used to benefit you later.

It is not your job to determine "criminal intent" nor is it your job to scan through the expanse of past post ads for a given account to determine anything beyond if the buyer is a legal purchaser in Georgia for the type of gun you're selling.

People here joke all the time derisively about Bills of Sale - they guffaw about it all the time and make nasty jokes, but this is one of the times when a number of those hundred-plus 'sellers' would love to have a Bill of Sale sitting in their records. Keep your BOS jokes up and there'll be a few less ears listening once this story gets to full bore..

What is a bill of sale gonna do? :lol: prove that you sold to a felon? Yeah that'll help :lol:

It is not your job to determine "criminal intent" nor is it your job to scan through the expanse of past post ads for a given account to determine anything beyond if the buyer is a legal purchaser in Georgia for the type of gun you're selling.

People here joke all the time derisively about Bills of Sale - they guffaw about it all the time and make nasty jokes, but this is one of the times when a number of those hundred-plus 'sellers' would love to have a Bill of Sale sitting in their records. Keep your BOS jokes up and there'll be a few less ears listening once this story gets to full bore..
I've never said anyone should ask for a bill of sale. Yes, sales of firearms between Georgia residents are legal. To the best of my knowledge, there are no age restrictions for transfer of private property as long as someone is over 18. While it's not "my responsibly" to determine criminal intent, I have no problem with doing what I can to help maintain the integrity of this forum; and to some degree, my conscience.

You do what you want

Jesus....just forget it. If you can't see, in this situation then just go on off an enjoy your joyously oblivious day... Sheesh...
You didn't really think that through did you :lol:

If someone does some shady **** with a gun you sell them, all that providing law enforcement with a bill of sale is gonna do is offer them evidence that can and will be used against you.

I've never said anyone should ask for a bill of sale. Yes, sales of firearms between Georgia residents are legal. To the best of my knowledge, there are no age restrictions for transfer of private property as long as someone is over 18. While it's not "my responsibly" to determine criminal intent, I have no problem with doing what I can to help maintain the integrity of this forum; and to some degree, my conscience.

You do what you want
My comment was in general and not with you but you can see the responses I'll get from anti-BOS zealots here later. No one asks you to make a dubious sale, that's what scores are for - here they failed. Still, no your problem. My 'integrity' and 'doing what I can' extends to NOT selling a handgun to an 18 year old, for instance. I also ask to see a valid DL and WCL for guns I'm concerned about . That's it. Nothing more needed. Even in this case if the sale was done and executed in Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom