• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I’m away for 6 months and now people are asking $300-$400 for mosins?

It's why I am into milsurp. I love *****ing about high prices too. On the flip side my portfolio is gaining nicely. Except you guys know I just can't sell anything so it doesn't really matter what any of it is worth I just like the way it looks in my safe.

On a serious note just before they were all lost in a boating accident I updated my insurance policy with the current market prices/replacement value and in 2 years they grew almost 25% and no worry of a crash.

Just like every other surplus rifle the supply is fixed. I Remember think Garands were crazy at $300 and paid $225 each for the first 3 M1 Carbines I bought. You should look at machine gun prices if you want to see what a fixed supply does to a market. This is the way of surplus rifles. GI 1911's were less than $20 delivered in the 60's. I am guessing the CMP guns end up a little more money. Common Mosins are now about $200 uncommon ones are more.

Now is a great time to own surplus bolt action rifles with internal magazines. Just sayin.....

image.jpeg

My M91s are Merican! Remington Armory and Westinghouse.
the m91 mosins are rarer since most were turned into carbines, finnish models, sporters or 91/30 ex-dragoons. sights on the m91 seem to be more accurate then the 91/30 or later models but also take more practice to get good with, they resemble the k98 sights

it's the bayonets on the m91 though that make then really cool with the tightened screw holding the internal ring closed in place/adjusted vs the sight itself making the bayonet fit better on all the mosins. 91/30s do not take all the bayonets as some are tighter or looser with their fixed internal ring size

i don't consider the special finish models past the m24(heavy barreled m91) original spec mosins because the fins reworked most everything except he bolt and receiver on them

edit: sorry guys i necroed another thread from a month ago

Back
Top Bottom