• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I can say something is a good deal but I can't say...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but you could certainly tell management that it's cheaper elsewhere and they can decide whether or not to change the price. Stores actually check the prices elsewhere before pricing products competitively, but the least most stores do is price match. If your spouse is going to Kroger to get Ruffles but you know it's cheaper at Publix. Would you say something? Of course. If I can tell Kroger a price is too high, then why not the same on a forum for used items?

ODT isn't a retail store, so your analogy isn't relative.

Move along...
And here's where we may actually agree. The ODT sale ad actually IS some guy's miniature store. Be respectful in his establishment (sale ad) even of a seller with a bloated price. You can tell the seller (management in your scenario) privately that he's high as a kite. You can certainly offer him treefiddy. You can also just move along.

Also, not all stores are competitive. You know this to be true if you stop at a convenience store. Ruffles are easily twice as high as a grocery chain. Do I mention it to the clerk, management? No. I just don't buy them there UNLESS I'm desperate for a $4, 5oz bag of Ruffles. I may mutter something about highway robbery to myself, but it certainly was convenient to bite into some Ruffles at a fuel stop.

Here is where we most disagree. Unless I'm price matching (since already shopping there) a retail establishment, I don't and won't mention anything to anyone at StoreA. I just vote with my dollar and buy at the competitive StoreB. If they never sell through their Ruffles stock at StoreA, they'll get the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom