• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I got a call from "Microsoft" today...

IRS called me today, I'm currently dodging a warrant!
I got that call too, on my cell phone. I played along and they wanted me to go to CVS and purchase $399 in money orders to relieve the charges.
They asked me to stay on the call while I was driving to CVS. The call lasted about 40 minutes as I drove through traffic before I told the jerk on the other
end to EF off, laughed and dropped the call.

Got this on an ad that I have elsewhere... Love his attention to detail. :lol:

Hello,Don
Sorry for my late response. I have a family emergency that i have been attending to, i hope it is still available and also want to know if its in good condition.I am okay with your price and i will like to get it before any other interested buyer.I will also make payment for the shipment...I want you to hold it for me before any other interested buyer.I live in New York but i am in NC now for a family emergency.

Kindly provide me your full name, Address and your Phone number so that i can send your payment.I will be paying you with Certified check.And the payment delivery will take 2-3 days. As for delivery,i am talking to a FFL so that it can be sent to them.kindly get back to me, as soon as possible with your full names that will be written on the check, your phone number and mailing address where check will be mailing to.

Note: As soon as you have your money at hand, we can talk about the picking up of the item.I would like you to take the posting off ******** today.
I am willing to provide a FFL address to ship to so that you can be sure i am not going to possess it illegally.

You can text me on (920) 352-****,I will reply as soon as i get your text.

Got the call yesterday, some one logged on to corrupt site from my computer, ....... I said hell i don't even have a computer............................click..............................

I had a very recent PC issue where I was in contact with their tech support and had to go to one of their stores. So I get a call today, from them stating a log on from an international location appeared to be fraudulent, don't use any banking or purchasing apps... press 9 to speak to a rep... or go to microsoft.com/somethingorother... or bring it into a Microsoft Store location. This one actually sounded vaguely believable so I pressed 9. The rep restated the issue and that my computer was in "danger". That was the final clue. I asked "Can you tell me which PC?"
"Click".
Scam artists are one of a very small list of groups I genuinely wish evil upon and would gladly attempt to inflict bodily harm given the opportunity.

Yeah, companies with long drawn out voicemail systems and long waits for a human... do NOT call you at random to help you. : )

Microsoft etc. make plenty more money if your machine is hosed up, and have to buy a new one... with a new Windows license, Office, and so on. Why would they expend labor to call you pre-emptively? Not a chance.

A little caution is a good thing.

Y'all might want to turn up your "spud filters"
My potato phone doesn't get those calls. :)
potatophone.png

Back
Top Bottom