• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I got a doctors appointment from the VA Update; No cancer found

Hopefully
It's hard man. Hardest thing I've ever tried to do but I already quit once for near 2 months so I know we can do it.

Do what I did. Ask GOD and Jesus for help and then I felt like an ass when I ever thought about letting them down. That's how I quit for two months. I should have stayed quit but life got to me and I failed GOD. I'm telling you I could feel Him helping but because of my own weakness I messed that up as well.

GOD and Jesus say our bodies are a temple and I have thoroughly wrecked mine but I think we can repair em if we try.

So ask GOD and Jesus to help you and they will. I know it. We don't want to die of cancer and make our families cry over us. And I don't ever want to let GOD down again.

GOD Bless and watch over you Brother,
Gary Thompson

I used those lozenges and they did the trick. But then I ended up more addicted to nicotine than ever from popping those things like candy. If you try the lozenges, make sure you ration yourself a little bit so you don't end up some kind of fiending nicotine junky like I did when I quit cigarettes. Congrats and good luck.

It's hard man. Hardest thing I've ever tried to do but I already quit once for near 2 months so I know we can do it.

Do what I did. Ask GOD and Jesus for help and then I felt like an ass when I ever thought about letting them down. That's how I quit for two months. I should have stayed quit but life got to me and I failed GOD. I'm telling you I could feel Him helping but because of my own weakness I messed that up as well.

GOD and Jesus say our bodies are a temple and I have thoroughly wrecked mine but I think we can repair em if we try.

So ask GOD and Jesus to help you and they will. I know it. We don't want to die of cancer and make our families cry over us. And I don't ever want to let GOD down again.

GOD Bless and watch over you Brother,
Gary Thompson
I quit onece for a year. And one day I said what the hell. Stupidly at I finest!

I quit onece for a year. And one day I said what the hell. Stupidly at I finest!
I have no dependency on nicotine at all anymore and every once in a while I still think "man, a cigarette would be good right now!" Sometimes my brain is an a-hole. I know if I smoked a couple cigarettes I'd be back to a pack a day within a week. I quit a couple times and ended up back at it before finally (knock on wood) kicking it for good.

Bypass, you might want to try getting a mouthful of smoke and blow it through a white cotton cloth. Look at the amount of tar and nicotine that stains the cloth. That is from one puff. That is what I did when I quit in 1989. Every time you want a cigarette look at that cloth and it may help you to keep off the smokes. Anything that helps is one step to quitting for good. Good luck and glad to hear the positive news on the MRI. Prayers can't hurt either so they are sent for you also.

Update; MRIs done of my abdomen and chest and no signs of cancer found. Doctor just called.

Time to quit smoking.
Great news, BP! Great news!!

I smoked for 50 years. I quit 3.5 years ago after being hospitalized with the flu (pre-Covid!!!) and pneumonia, (but I could pick up a butt now and enjoy it.) It is mind over manner. I tried Chantix years ago, but stopped when I started seeing Timothy Leary-like apparitions! Nicorette helped, but addictive. Tic Tacs for a while. Now, chewing gum. A big advantage - it has freed up a lot of coin for bang-bang toys!

Good luck to ya.

Back
Top Bottom