• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, I have a problem...

haymons22

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
108   0
Reaction score
I carry a G19 and I love it. However, I tend to shoot slightly left with it. I assume I just need to make grip adjustments and better trigger control. Herein lies the problem.

I recently traded for an HK VP9. I shot it today and am dead nuts accurate with it. I don't, however want to replace my 19 as my carry.

I already have a ton of mags and several good holsters for the 19 lol. And the VP9 is a little bigger, so it is harder to conceal. I may have to switch though if I can't figure out how to shoot the 19 more accurately.

I did the trigger polish job on it and installed the glock 3.5# connector in it. But aside from that, it is all stock.

It also has the factory sights still installed. I've been contemplating installing night sights. I think that may also help.

image002.gif

It also has the factory sights still installed. I've been contemplating installing night sights. I think that may also help.
I have XS Big Dot 24/7 sights on my P320 and absolutely love them. I like how quickly I can acquire a target, and they're simple to use. Check them out, maybe?

I did the trigger polish job on it and installed the glock 3.5# connector in it. But aside from that, it is all stock.

I'd say keep practicing with the G19 until the problem isn't a problem. Carrying a larger gun comes with it's own headaches and if its not as comfortable to carry the VP9 then you'll be right back where you started and probably a few bills shorter too. Just because you are more accurate doesn't always mean it's destine to become your EDC. It's always a world of compromise with a EDC. The trigger on the VP9 is probably what makes you more accurate when you are just standing and shooting for accuracy. They have pretty good triggers in them, almost PPQ-ish. That's very hard to get in a Glock. Most people are more accurate with a G17 because of sight radius but doesn't mean they'll want to carry a G17. Work on your trigger control or go with a aftermarket trigger from Apex or one of the other big name Glock trigger makers.

Back
Top Bottom