• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, I have a problem...

I don't know if anyone mentioned this (I'm not going to read all 5 pages of this conversation), but you have two options other than changing guns or keep "practicing". It's apparent that you know HOW to shoot if you are "dead nuts" with the other gun. So, MAYBE it is the gun that is off and not you. So, 1- adjust the rear sight. If it's off, you are off. Or 2- If you are hitting to the left, aim to the right :) Personally, I'd consider adjusting the rear sight a bit.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this (I'm not going to read all 5 pages of this conversation), but you have two options other than changing guns or keep "practicing". It's apparent that you know HOW to shoot if you are "dead nuts" with the other gun. So, MAYBE it is the gun that is off and not you. So, 1- adjust the rear sight. If it's off, you are off. Or 2- If you are hitting to the left, aim to the right :) Personally, I'd consider adjusting the rear sight a bit.
I'm thinking about just drifting the sight a little. But I've also been thinking about changing the sights to night sights for a while anyway. The different style sights may make the slight difference needed. I don't really like the factory Glock sights.

Shoot the gun off a rest to find out if it's the sights or you. If it's you, put tension into the back of your right hand. It stabilizes the grip and prevents a push to the left.

Trigger control has been mentioned a few times. Do you squeeze and hold the trigger? Let the round fire off, hold the trigger back...then release the trigger just to the point of reset. Then squeeze again. It makes a big difference to me when I shoot like this. I'm not saying I advise doing this during a SHTF situation but it can help you figure out what's going on at the range...

Shooting left is the curse of a right handed shooter. The opposite is true if a lefty.
If you are right handed two factors make a big difference to left and right of the bulls eye. 1 not having enough index finger on the trigger, one tends to push left while pulling back..2. If right handed 60% pressure on the left hand and 40% right. Keeps it from going left, and less pressure on the right index finger, gives the shooter more control. Also make sure you have determined, which eye is dominant.

If you are right handed two factors make a big difference to left and right of the bulls eye. 1 not having enough index finger on the trigger, one tends to push left while pulling back..2. If right handed 60% pressure on the left hand and 40% right. Keeps it from going left, and less pressure on the right index finger, gives the shooter more control. Also make sure you have determined, which eye is dominant.
I like a very hard grip for best control of the weapon during recoil. With that much pressure applied, the way the tensions are applied makes the difference on bullet impact. Because the trigger finger is kept relatively loose, any pressure applied by it is overwhelmed by the overall grip strength.

Back
Top Bottom