• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, I have a problem...

As info - this is what a dead-nuts zeroed Glock 19 looks like. Notice it is slightly drifted to the right.

Attachments

• 14446134_10153925660463994_8407198975467448253_n.jpg
    14446134_10153925660463994_8407198975467448253_n.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11
I'll add this... When shooting a Glock the same pulling left happens to me.
Guy at the range said use the joint of your finger instead of the pad area.
As soon as I did this, it pulled my group on the bulls eye. Glocks are the only pistol I "consistently" pull left on. I believe it's the way I grip it.

I'll add this... When shooting a Glock the same pulling left happens to me.
Guy at the range said use the joint of your finger instead of the pad area.
As soon as I did this, it pulled my group on the bulls eye. Glocks are the only pistol I "consistently" pull left on. I believe it's the way I grip it.
Same . . . I think it's just the Glock grip . . .

Can do a few things. Trade/sell it and holsters, Push the sights over a bit or buy adjustable ones. Always aim a little right. Though I think Glocks are good pistols I don't think they are great pistols. The market has exploded with gun companies wanting your cash. There are dozens of Carry choices now. Not sure why but I'm leaning toward hammer fired options now.
However I'm interested in a few new striker fires coming out. If I don't shoot a gun well it goes up for sale. Doesn't mean it's a bad gun it just means I shoot others better. I buy clothes that fit not clothes I will grow into. Buy a gun that fits you better rather than working around a design flaw. I've never picked up a 1911 and thought to myself, This could really use a stippling.

Can do a few things. Trade/sell it and holsters, Push the sights over a bit or buy adjustable ones. Always aim a little right. Though I think Glocks are good pistols I don't think they are great pistols. The market has exploded with gun companies wanting your cash. There are dozens of Carry choices now. Not sure why but I'm leaning toward hammer fired options now.
However I'm interested in a few new striker fires coming out. If I don't shoot a gun well it goes up for sale. Doesn't mean it's a bad gun it just means I shoot others better. I buy clothes that fit not clothes I will grow into. Buy a gun that fits you better rather than working around a design flaw. I've never picked up a 1911 and thought to myself, This could really use a stippling.
I'm most likely going to put night sights on it like I've been thinking about doing anyway and then drift the rear sight if need be. I can't disagree with your points you made really but I will say that if it is a problem that can be fixed in seconds by drifting the rear sight, I see no need in selling everything I have for it and starting over. My 19 has proven reliable thus far and the pulling left issue I would suspect is me and not the pistol.

As for a 1911, I have picked them up and thought, I bet it would feel better with different grips or I don't like these sights. I always think, man it would be nice to be able to carry more than 7-8 rounds. My point is, I can find something wrong with every firearm I have ever picked up. However, I do completely understand your point. If I make a couple of changes and still don't shoot my 19 as well as I'd like, it will go up for sale or trade.

I've changed 2 Glocks I own. G20 I picked up a 6" barrel and hiviz sights. Will only use it as a hunting side arm. G26 I drifted the rear sights as far right as I felt comfortable.
However I'm looking for replacements for them daily. If sig does a legion 10mm that findable, I will probably sell the 20. If I like the p30sk better I may sell the 26.

What kind of accuracy are you realistically expecting from a self defense pistol? If you are plugging the bad guy target in the center of mass repeatedly at 7 yards, and able to put a round through the nose at 3 yards then you are far better than most who carry in public. These are realistic expectations. Sure, practice at 25 yards to build confidence, but very few shots at that distance will be justified in court. Assuming you aren't military or law enforcement, we are not trained or equipped to seek and destroy as civilians. I'm sure every one of us has fantasized about taking the fight to some cowardly terrorist with our Uber tactical Sig/CZ/1911/etc, but it just isn't a realistic expectation. I've carried Sigs and CZs for the last year, and I'm going back to Glock because the last class I took reminded me just how quickly an attacker can close on you from 7 yards with a knife. You don't have time to think. You only have time to react, and if you don't get a clean draw or miss a safety device you don't get a second chance. You just need to be accurate enough to stop the threat. Leave all that other stuff on the NRA slow fire target range and take a good self defense class. It will completely change your expectations.

With all that said, if you shoot the VP9 that much better than the G19, by all means find a way to carry the VP9. But also try the G26 with a grip extension. It may fit the bones of your hand better and solve your problem.

Back
Top Bottom