• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, I have a problem...

Can you define how you shoot them better? I personally shoot tighter groups with my SP2022, P226, SP01, and P07, but I can draw and fire 5 shots center of mass at 5 yards faster with a G26. For me, the Glock is the better choice for carry. As far as cost, my life is worth far more than any handgun. I'll happily replace a Glock if it saves my tail. But that's what makes the free market so great, buy what works for you.

When I say that I shoot a little left with the Glock, I mean that it is about 1/2" left normally. I can still place all rounds in center mass on and IDPA target with an occasional flyer. I guess I should have stated that in the OP. I shoot the G19 plenty well enough to carry it and that is the reason I said I would not replace it. I shot the VP9 a little better but maybe I exaggerated a bit about how much better. It wasn't enough to even consider switching to it. Understand that it comes with a much better sights IMO and a better factory trigger than a Glock 19. Those two factors were probably the only reason that I saw a slight difference in accuracy between it and my 19. I'm going to get rid of the crappy factory Glock sights and have already done a little trigger work to improve the 19.

Looking back at the original post, I was probably more excited that I had finally shot a VP9 because for whatever reason, I had been wanting one for a while. I understand that there are better options out there than a Glock, but I'm not looking to replace my 19.

If I still have problems after replacing the sights that I was going to replace anyway and adjusting the new ones as needed, then I'll consider switching away from the Glock. Honestly, I think my money would be better spent going to some formal training and buy lots of practice ammo and spending more time on the range.

The occasional flyer is also only when I'm "rapid firing". Which, in all likelihood, is something I shouldn't be doing anyway. Again, I would be better off getting some good training and learning some good drills to help me improve.

When I say that I shoot a little left with the Glock, I mean that it is about 1/2" left normally. I can still place all rounds in center mass with an occasional flyer. I guess I should have stated that in the OP. I shoot the G19 plenty well enough to carry it and that is the reason I said I would not replace it. I shot the VP9 a little better but maybe I exaggerated a bit about how much better. It wasn't enough to even consider switching to it. Understand that it comes with a much better sights IMO and a better factory trigger than a Glock 19. Those two factors were probably the only reason that I saw a slight difference in accuracy between it and my 19. I'm going to get rid of the crappy factory Glock sights and have already done a little trigger work to improve the 19.

Looking back at the original post, I was probably more excited that I had finally shot a VP9 because for whatever reason, I had been wanting one for a while. I understand that there are better options out there than a Glock, but I'm not looking to replace my 19.

If I still have problems after replacing the sights that I was going to replace anyway and adjusting the new ones as needed, then I'll consider switching away from the Glock. Honestly, I think my money would be better spent going to some formal training and buy lots of practice ammo and spending more time on the range.
Funny thing. I couldn't tell you where I shoot with my carry guns. I have never fired them.

tagged to read later. i shoot left too lol, with a uspc45 i was dead accurate. just got a p2000 9mm and I'm shooting left with it. If you like the hk the p2000 is just as small as my g19 its pretty sweet. I'm in the same boat with holsters and stuff for the g19 tho plus their awesome service in smyrna is hard to beat.

tagged to read later. i shoot left too lol, with a uspc45 i was dead accurate. just got a p2000 9mm and I'm shooting left with it. If you like the hk the p2000 is just as small as my g19 its pretty sweet. I'm in the same boat with holsters and stuff for the g19 tho plus their awesome service in smyrna is hard to beat.
Hey man sorry I deleted you post in my thread and was slow to respond to your PM. I was just having a bad day.

Back
Top Bottom