• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I just ordered 2000 rounds of this stuff for my soon to be silenced MP5....

I will pick up a box and give her another shot then but it seems like the MP5 would require more pressure to cycle than my beretta?

No expert here on the MP5, but it's really all across the board on the subject, and it also depends on MP5 type, bolt head type, etc. Some people say you run the risk of breaking the roller holders, and you shouldn't go over 124. But I've seen lots of reports of people shooting 147 and 158 with no issues. I've shot 158 in an MP5 once, but it was limited. It did cycle fine though.

I've used the Fiocchi 158's in my 226 without any issues for a while. Very quiet, and hits noticeably harder than 147's.

I've tried the 158's in my Zenith MP5 clone with no issues. I reload 147gr XTP's and RMR's triple plated 147s and that's all I shoot through it. I have about 2,500 rounds through it with no issues.

Have used freedom munitions 147 grain reman and the lawman stuff in my suppressed glocks, ar-9, zenith mp5k, cz scorpion. All ran fine except the 147 reman hollow points from Freedom. would not cycle in the Zenith reliably. Guess it doesn't like hollow point ammunition.

Back
Top Bottom