• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I organized my ammo closet.

Thinking of prepping kinda reminds me of all the Y2K doomsayers, the people making bunkers and storing up 4 metric tons of rice and beans and ready for the apocalypse... and then... nothing... LOL

I have read up on prepping, and most experts seem to think that we are all pretty much boned if society were to crap the bed.

Everyone thinks they can hunt and live off the land, which is fine for about a week until the animals see everyone moving into the woods and hunting and they take off and run further out.

No communications, no electricity. Stores go empty, food spoils. People have generators which sounds good on paper, except they are noisy and when 500 starving and desperate people hear it and see you having the only lights on, they will come for your food. people with starving kids will turn into animals in order to feed them.

We can talk about having our homes fortified, but I doubt that anyone reading this is really prepared for hundreds of people storming your house, no matter how many guns you have... And if you do kill a few dozen of them, what then? The stench and disease from rotting corpses on your lawn will be a problem at some point...

Maybe a few people that already live out in rural areas with large parcels of land, and a well, might do well for a time... But anything really long term, will find most of us unprepared to actually live long like that... Millions of starving people in cities moving out in massive groups... none of us has enough ammo for that, and most won't have the willpower to mow down women and children who are simply desperate for food and water...

I think that having guns, ammo, fuel and basic supplies for a week or two of no power or infrastructure makes sense... but anything truly catastrophic and long term, will see most people truly screwed, preppers or not...

FEMA recommends a 30 day supply of basic food/water in your home and the ability to go mobile with 3 days supply in a back pack.

I like to be more prepared then just the basic must haves.

When it comes to ammo, I value it like any other commodity (Gold,silver,wheat) and stock up when cheap. I remember the 08 scare that lasted a few months then the 2012 panic that lasted a few years. I'd rather be as ready as I can be and still live a "normal" life. That's just me though.

Wouldn't that actually mean you don't keep
all your chickens & eggs in the same basket?

When SHTF I figure no use to head for the hills.
Those that try that most likely be stranded at the gas station.
Unless they head out on foot or by bicycle. Which will limit
transportable qty of ammo & water. Those with large cache of
ammo must have already decided to make a stand where they are.
In which case they have other closets full of water, TP, and coffee
which they will not advertise to prevent being overrun by relatives,
friends, and neighbors. Just a hunch, I could be wrong. Again.
Here it is a "TruPep" kinda Guy! - Right on Brother!!!
Those with slab houses, like me, we need to dig one of the rooms and make under it a survival bunker, with fake floor above it!!!

I don't know what it is about organizing a closet that makes people freak out over a zombie apocalypse. What does Revelation say about Bypass's pantry?

Wouldn't that actually mean you don't keep
all your chickens & eggs in the same basket?

When SHTF I figure no use to head for the hills.
Those that try that most likely be stranded at the gas station.
Unless they head out on foot or by bicycle. Which will limit
transportable qty of ammo & water. Those with large cache of
ammo must have already decided to make a stand where they are.
In which case they have other closets full of water, TP, and coffee
which they will not advertise to prevent being overrun by relatives,
friends, and neighbors. Just a hunch, I could be wrong. Again.
Going out will get you killed i believe. If your uptown, downtown, outta town or in the country. The best thing to do will be to hold tight as long as possible and let the heathens slug it out. Stay in/on your property and protect whats yours.

Going out will get you killed i believe. If your uptown, downtown, outta town or in the country. The best thing to do will be to hold tight as long as possible and let the heathens slug it out. Stay in/on your property and protect whats yours.
Sage advice.And dont come to visit

Back
Top Bottom