• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I went Into Walmart Today

I've used lots of the Federal aluminum stuff, in 9mm and 45acp, and it's always been excellent, not even so much as an inconsistent sound or recoil from a round.
I've also used lots of the Perfecta, mostly in 9mm, but a fair amount in 45,38,357,and even a few 223's, and it's also been 100%.
My best old shooting bud has also fired all of these (but he's a reloader, so not as much as I have), and he reports zero issues,as well.
Not too long ago, I was looking for a little inexpensive break-in/test ammo for a new toy, and all Walmart had for the cheap stuff was this 150-rd box of steel cased, US-made Winchester 9mm, which was a pretty good over-the-counter price at around $28. I couldn't find fault with that stuff, either.

It is almost impossible to find perfecta 9mm around Atlanta Walmarts these days. There was a thread about 6 months to a year ago where Walmart said they were going to stop carrying it in their stock. I have shot well over 5,000 rounds of the stuff and never had a single problem. I have not shot a lot of the aluminum case stuff so I really can't say if it is problematic in my guns or not.

I'm on very freindly terms with the sporting goods staff at the 2 Walmarts I regularly visit (and they've been exceedingly helpful), and I ran this rumor by them about WM getting rid of Perfecta, and they all said they've heard nothing about it.
In fact, a couple months ago (at most) we had a stretch where we didn't see any Perfecta for a long while, but one of the guys there told me he heard it was about to start coming in again. I was thinking to myself, "huh??", but damned if the stuff didn't start flowing in regularly, and sometimes in very large loads. Though the 223 hasn't been seen in a good while, nor has the 45, but lots of 9mm is there very frequently (I always swing by the ammo counter when I'm there, just for a recon, even if I'm not looking to buy anything.)

Picked up 10 of these about 3 months ago at wally world. Little over $9 a box.
20170108_160458.jpg

#Jackie Graham, this must have been at the newer WM as I went to the one near the interstate this morning for something completely different but thought I buy a box or two while I was there and no luck. Of course this is the same store that appreantly gets one box of ammo every week or so in stock. They never seem to have much to choose from.

I've shot well over 1000 rds of the aluminum ammo in both 9 and .40, both have been great.

ONLY time I had issues was in a Glock 22 using a Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel. Out of about 100rds it had 5-6 feeding/ ejecting issues.

Back
Top Bottom