• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I went to the range today......

GeorgiaHunter

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
....the Chestnut Mt. shooting range specifically. And there was the usual. The "professionals", the ones with bags and rifle sleds, sometimes with a chronograph, the pre-teen with his dad, shooting his .22, the young guy with girlfriend, both shooting rifles in the pistols only area, showering us with brass, using clays for targets (against range rules) and then the most annoying of all, the one I call the "range rat". He's the guy who kind of hovers all day around the range, maybe not even shooting, waiting to pounce on a stray .45 case or rare rifle case. At one point he reached up onto the bench and grabbed some spent brass from the young guy without asking him. I told him he should ask the young man first. He hadn't asked the young man if he reloaded or not. At one point my wife asked me if he was hanging around to steal our pistols. I guess my question if there is one is, Is there another slang term for this guy? And does it annoy anyone else beside me?

....the Chestnut Mt. shooting range specifically. And there was the usual. The "professionals", the ones with bags and rifle sleds, sometimes with a chronograph, the pre-teen with his dad, shooting his .22, the young guy with girlfriend, both shooting rifles in the pistols only area, showering us with brass, using clays for targets (against range rules) and then the most annoying of all, the one I call the "range rat". He's the guy who kind of hovers all day around the range, maybe not even shooting, waiting to pounce on a stray .45 case or rare rifle case. At one point he reached up onto the bench and grabbed some spent brass from the young guy without asking him. I told him he should ask the young man first. He hadn't asked the young man if he reloaded or not. At one point my wife asked me if he was hanging around to steal our pistols. I guess my question if there is one is, Is there another slang term for this guy? And does it annoy anyone else beside me?
Truth.

And that's why I shoot metal silhouette targets in my back yard. Last time I went to a commercial range ( about 9 years ago ) Some wanna be gang banger rapid fired a full mag and never hit his target. Although the range personnel crawled his ass. I said never again.

There is a Facebook group for people working in gun shops or ranges and the person that you're describing is colloquially called Gerald.

Well,,, if I were shooting at a commercial range and "Gerald " started snatching my **** ( including empty brass ) I would rip " brass hole " a new " ass hole ". Just saying.......

Back
Top Bottom