• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I'm heading back...

Shrek926

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
I've just spent 3 hours going over my shotgun, rifle, and pistol. After almost a decade and a half... I've decided (at much prompting from my kids) to step back into competitive shooting. It's a bit unnerving. My last competition was for Top Gun at NWGPA for top shooter in my Academy class. Prior to that... Walther was still owned by Interarms, and my ammo sponsor was a little known manufacturer called Black Hills. The kids although growing into very capable shooters, have yet to get the needed proficiency to pass the "daddy test", and after having several trusted friends and competitors prod me on getting back into it, I'll be taking along the greatest cheering section I could ever imagine.

My daughter spent the bulk of the time with me, modding the shotgun from a tame dove duster, to a steel killer. I've spent so much of my time and effort in fueling my kids shooting, that I realized... I don't own a proper pistol, or rifle. I am so glad my sweet little Emi Jane is now so supportive, I have permission to use her pink guns. The kids finally just now drifted of to sleep after multiple threats of leaving them at home. I'm so thrilled they and I have the same enthusiasm for the shooting sports. I am going to jump in the shower, and try to get some sleep, it's almost comical that in my some what late 30's I would be anxious to again feel the thrill.

So tomorrow morning I will again belt up, step up, and SHOOTER READY.

Lets pray that I don't go full retard after the buzzer....

Tomorrow I will be shooting at Creekside In Taylorsville. Joe Harris has some of the best matches around, and his love for the shooting sports is obvious. He, and his lovely daughter Katie Harris, have been such an encouragement to My little shooter Emi Jane. I am going to follow a well established model of so many great young competitors, and compete until my kids are at the level that I again step back into a support role for them.

Watch Out World! Here comes Shrek!

136932069191.jpg

Back
Top Bottom