• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So. It turns out I can ride the thing...

Beastie

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
So here's the deal. Turns out I may actually be able to ride the damn thing. See the story here: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...bike-give-me-some-advice-on-a-new-one.890488/

Holy ****. Took my very first ride on it (as in- on ANY motorcycle on the road... ever). I put 48 of my very own miles on it.
And I haven't been able to wipe this big ass grin off my face. Seriously walking around looking like I've been doing drugs all day. Yeeaaa!

Thank you all so much for all of the advice about what to do!!! Whoop!

So here's the deal. Turns out I may actually be able to ride the damn thing. See the story here: http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...bike-give-me-some-advice-on-a-new-one.890488/

Holy ****. Took my very first ride on it (as in- on ANY motorcycle on the road... ever). I put 48 of my very own miles on it.
And I haven't been able to wipe this big ass grin off my face. Seriously walking around looking like I've been doing drugs all day. Yeeaaa!

Thank you all so much for all of the advice about what to do!!! Whoop!
you go girl! ride it like ya stole it....ummmmhmmm !!!

I kept my opinion to myself but when i was 17 and worked at a dealership i dropped the clutch on an f4i thinking i could handle it and after we replaced the damaged parts i stayed off street bikes for a while. The VTX series, primarily the VTX1800, is what i ended up learning how to ride on the street. The clutches on those bikes are great and they are like big yachts on the street. Keep the rubber side down and they are great bikes for beginners.

Ahhhhh you got the hardest part over with now. All of the worries, wondering if you can do it , the what if etc. are all behind you now. You just get on it and keep riding it. Just remember, you have always got to respect your bike. It will always be bigger than you are. But at the same time you got to control it. Don't ever let it control you.

Back
Top Bottom