• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So I've decided to look into getting a dog

I looked at a Texas Blue Healer a while back but could not commit to the time and excnercise it needed to be happy . That is one thing you need for o consider . Haven partial custody of a King Charles Cavelir , she is my only daughter and will risk all for what she gives me in return

I have a Tri-Color Kings Charles Cavalier, her name is LA LA, not a mean bone in her body. She's going on 11yrs now, and has only 2 heart values working, she's my wife's dog, when she passes my wife will lose her mind. She's more of a daughter than pet.

+1 for a shepherd!

i.imgur.com_zwh5J7U.jpg

The first place I take a client that wants to adopt a dog is the Atlanta Humane Society. If they don't have "The One" come back in a couple of weeks and look again. I've spent as much as $3000 dollars for a dog, but the best one I've ever had was a mutt I adopted from them.

I'd be happy to go with you and do an on the spot evaluation. No cost.
Take Bear44 up on the offer
The best I've ever had is a mix from the Gwinnett Humane Society. He's right beside me.
The place was orderly, organized and maintained by inmates from the local jail but smelled like pine-sol and the noise was deafening. Save a dog from that chaos and they'll appreciate you for life. They are chipped, fixed and have all their shots before you're allowed to take them home.

Here's one shouldn't shed much. From people I know that's had them they are great dog's.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/fs-weimaraner-puppy.1379681/
I've had two Boxer's both were /:are super dog's. My current on is my avatar. I've trained 2 lab's for narcotics detection work both out of the shelter. They can be destructive if they are not give a purpose in life. So obedience training is a must plus exercise. That's what my experience has been. My two Boxer's were rescue also.
Now if you want a great little alarm dog a Chihuahua. They will let you know if a freaking leaf blows the wrong way in the yard. I lost my two last year about this time. They didn't shed very much either.
I'm like everyone else here rescue a dog their love for you is ALWAYS unconditional until the end.

I gotta give another endorsement for a GSD. They do require attention, but it's worth every minute.

Mine is still fairly young and spastic. But I couldn't imagine a better pet.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom