• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So lets suppose...

redwood87

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
35   0
Reaction score
You're in your private motor vehicle and are stopped by police for a traffic violation, etc..
A clearly visible rifle is in your backseat and it just so happens to be an ak-47 variant.

What's a likely scenario under these circumstances? As far as I'm aware it's totally okay but I don't know what kind of reaction LEO might have?

If you are over 18 you can posses any firearm in the vehicle if it is in plain sight (except class lll). And to conceal it i believe you have to have a permit even in your car but im not sure on that one. like it be on your side or in the center console.

You gotta have to forms just to buy it and i figured by that point you would have a permit to carry. Don't you have to be 21 to apply for a class 3?

If you are over 18 you can posses any firearm in the vehicle if it is in plain sight (except class lll). And to conceal it i believe you have to have a permit even in your car but im not sure on that one. like it be on your side or in the center console.

Carry however you wish in you car. It is an extension of your home. loaded, and concealed is fine. Also there is no duty to inform in ga.

Carry however you wish in you car. It is an extension of your home. loaded, and concealed is fine. Also there is no duty to inform in ga.

I knew it was an extension of the home, i just wasn't sure about being 18-20 and having a loaded pistol concealed being legal.

Probably make the LEO curious and a little nervous, but as long as you did nothing wrong it would be OK.
I might would ask you to step out of the car and finish the stop away from the car.
Every thing could change if you seemed nervous, aggressive or overly defensive so just be yourself. Most of us are gun nuts too. I expect folks to be a little nervous and a little annoyed on a stop.
Before this starts I will say I know some LEOs that will remove the gun from the car and run the numbers every time. I don't personally agree with that but the SCUS has upheld that for generations. I just feel that it is unnecessary in most cases.

BTW I don't see where class III makes any difference.

Back
Top Bottom