• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So my cousins 8 year old son has Covid.

Yep. His fever is high. My niece had Covid a few weeks ago. I was able to help take care of her because I'd already had it. Hopefully the child and caregivers will come through okay.
My Grand daughter had it back a few months ago. She felt pretty bad for a few days but she recovered in a few days.. Hopefully the son will weather it and his caregivers don't get affected. Prayers up for them.

I am not a doc, but one of my kids and me and my wife had the covid. PM me, if needed.

Alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen to bring the temp down. LIGHT sheet to sleep under, no blanket.
Cold juice with ice. Fever in kids in dangerous, may affect their ears/hearing. Needs to be controlled ASAP.
If kids qualify for the monoclonal treatment, do it ASAP.
And the usual anti-covid supplements.

PS saw the age of the childcare givers. They should get monoclonal treatment aslo, and start their supplements now.

PPS Covid in kids, especially 8 years old, is nothing to panic over. They have hardly any ACE-2 receptors the virus needs, plus their immune system is way better that adults'. Fever is bad, but fever for any reason is bad if it get too high. Use therapeutics and bring the fever under control.
Taking care of the elderly care-givers is what I would be focusing on right now. And Covid is not a death setence in elderly either. My MIL got over it, despite docs' best efforts to kill her, and she has more co-morbidities than 99% of people on this board. Early treatment is the key.

Back
Top Bottom