• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So now what.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Now that deer season is over for most areas other than extended archery for those neighborhood deer what are y’all gonna do with yourselves?

Small game?.....coyote?.......do some trapping?

I’m gonna try to ramp up my trapping for yotes/cats this year if I can and also set up some live hunts at night.

I’ve got a few family members and friends that have coyote problems on their property.
It’s crossbow time.

Yote hunting and hog trapping. Apparently the crazy old neighbor at deer camp is feeding the hogs. His grandson said there was 55 in his yard the other day. Mostly piglets but that has brought in the yotes too. Time to sight in the .458 and wage war

Fortunately my property has very few hogs, for now, so the chances of busting one are small.

I am planning on heading down week after next to bust some Fox squirrels. My son and I will both enjoy that. Squirrel season is open until Feb 28. Then on to turkeys!

Going to fill feeders today,I think Jan,feb,March are 3 of the most important months to supplement feed your does are pregnant and the bucks are recovering from the rut.
I need to do the same. How do you figure out how much to put out and how often to feed them? I have a bunch of tube type feeders that I need to get out but they only old about 30lbs of corn. I need to cover 200 acres.

I've got a few things on my list.
  • Got in the scope mounts I was waiting on to be able to do a round robin scope swap with a few of my rifles. This will allow me to upgrade the scope on the 7mag to something a little better. That means I will need to sight the 7mag back in. That also presents an opportune time to do some load development now that I have all I need to start loading my own ammo for that gun.
  • Soon as my 22-250 is back from Joe Collier with the new barrel I will also need to install scope back on that gun and start load development to get something the new barrel likes.
  • While the fields are empty, I really need to try and shoot some of the coyotes we have. The population continues to grow in my area and I always talk about doing this, but talk don't get the job done so I need to put my words into action.
  • Wanna build some feeders for the deer.
Sure there are other things I need to do, but this is on top of the list at this point in time.

Back
Top Bottom