• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So pissed...Hellcat OSP plate screws stripped

PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
Wife finally decided on stepping up to a higher caliber carry pistol and she landed on the Hellcat OSP w/ Shield SMSc. I get it home, go to take out the two top screws on the OSP plate cover and the t10 hex bolts won't catch...I thought maybe my hex keys were just rounded so ran up to Lowes to get a new set...come back, give it another try with some more oomph and the things are clearly not biting at all.

Will a local gunsmith (GA Firing Line, Govenor's) be able to extract the screws for me fairly easily/quickly? the Shield SMSc has a different set of screws in a different placement, so all I really need are the ones in there, OUT!

Advice welcome...

Same thing happened on my rmr plate. I just carefully drilled it out myself with a 1/64 then 1/32 bit. It fell out easily.

I don't know if I want to screw it up any further. we won't need the screws as the shield has a different whole placement, but I've never drilled out stripped screws before.

Yuck Springfield Armory. It's not a terribly hard fix, but I wouldn't own one.
Happy wife, happy life...I tried to talk her into the Glock 43x or a Sig P365...but she wanted the hellcat. I actually like the gun, cleaned it last night and all the internals look solid, etc...other than these two stupid screws lol

Back
Top Bottom