• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, so close.......NFA!

Rolling_trip

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
166   0
Reaction score
So, I knew I was getting close to receiving my much awaited ARC22 from Dobbs......and I had a feeling this would be the week. Well my plans for this week was to be in Florida til Sunday for work, so here go.

On Wednesday, the customer in Lakeland I was planning on running a trial at cancelled, freeing up Friday and Saturday.
Hmmm, are stars aligning?

This morning a visit with another customer in Sarasota, that normally takes all day, wrapped up around 1 pm.
Just awesome, right? I planned on driving to Americus for a early morning meeting, then making a b-line straight to Dallas, Ga to visit our short chubby friend.

Here's where things took a bad turn.....

My phone rings, not 10 mins from Sarasota. It's a customer in Sanford, home of the OG dinindu, asking me to get there quickly........well ****.....I'm on my way. I make it there in a couple of hours, talk to a few folks, and everything is pretty much good to go. Well, at this point I decided to push on with my back up plan, going to Americus. I get almost to Cordele and decide to jump off the interstate and bypass Cordele's busy main street........big mistake. As I'm turning left off the exit my tire light comes on, any pressure immediately drops, and it's about 8:30. So not I have to go get tire(s) on the car in the morning, which will likely take hours with the fleet company and business fighting back and forth on price and selection.

But.....come hell or high water I'm going to make there tomorrow to pick up my can and something else.

Cliff notes: if you read this and that, you must be really bored, just to listen to me whine........I mean the adventures of a road warrior tech.

Reactions: Nat
Preview

Back
Top Bottom