• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So solly Glock. But the Army goes with SIG!

Most companies do. Glock, for instance, not only throws $ around but pays for prostitutes. Or at least, they did in the past.

Not a Glock, hater, jus' sayin'......

Barrett's book goes into that a bit... Sounds like they pretty much owned Solid Gold after bringing in a department or two in for week-long eval seminars.

So what caliber did the Army go with?? I'm reading they went away from 9mm NATO.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a surprise. I can't imagine them using something other than the standard NATO round. I don;t think it's even available in any other caliber.

does the military really need a new pistol? how often are they used? seems like it would be less expensive to update the M9's in service. Special Operations are always going to use what they want and they are likely to be the only ones who will use their pistols in combat. The average soldier why would they use a pistol when they have a rifle?
Just seems like unnecessary spending on equipment they don't need when it could be spent on things they do need.

P320 are available in 9mm, .40, .45ACP, and .357Sig

This one looks to be modified with an added ambi thumb safety.

Yup, you're right. I was just looking at one model (TACOPS) that was 9mm only.

It would be ironic if they switched over to 40SW just as everyone else is moving to 9mm.

However having the 357SIG as the new standard US round would be awesome!

Back
Top Bottom