• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So talk me out of an AR-10

Dirty J

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
344   0
Reaction score
Got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm looking to buy something.

Have all the pistols that strike my fancy at the moment, less the new CZ P10c... but I've got one on order.

Looking for some immediate satisfaction.

Already have tons of AR's in 5.56 and in 300 blackout. Have a CZ Scorpion tickling that PCC fetish. So I don't think an AR in 9mm will do it for me.

Would prefer not to add some new (or niche) caliber and I've already got a Rem 700 in 308... so that's brought me towards the AR10.

I already know they lack the parts commonality that the little brother has. Aside from that... what's not to like?

Any other 308 semi rifles I should be looking at? Looking to be in the $1000-1200 wheelhouse for the rifle, less optics of course.

Help me spend some money!

I bought a M&P10 about 6 months ago and it was one of the best rifle purchases I've ever made.

A true candidate for the "if you could only have one rifle" question.

I'll add, though I have nothing against factory offerings, I always find myself more satisfied building it myself exactly how I want it. Usually save enough to even out with the upgrades factored in the long run. I'd take an Aero M5 upper/lower/rail combo with my choice of barrel and trigger over an M&P or DPMS at that price point any day. Excellent machining, quality parts, DPMS pattern so everything fits. Should be able to get in at your price point with a good barrel of your choice and leave enough for a quality trigger.

308 ARs are a little different in that not everything is swappable between brands. I've got 2, DI and piston and they are different from each other. Recoil is more; but not bad. If you can't kill it with 25 rounds of 308, you have bigger issues to worry about. Since you already shoot ARs; making sure to grab the correct mag and ammo is all you have to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom