• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So the AK-47 is pre-historic and outdated for battle?

I just got a Mak 90 and it's by far best AK I've ever owned. So smooth.

I had a MAK and while it did have a smooth action(compared to the Bulgarian Century AK-74 and the WASR 10/63 that I had) I just wasn't all that impressed by it. I have fondled a few Arsenals and they really are all that they are cracked up to be. I'm trying to trade my AR for one right now.

I had a MAK and while it did have a smooth action(compared to the Bulgarian Century AK-74 and the WASR 10/63 that I had) I just wasn't all that impressed by it. I have fondled a few Arsenals and they really are all that they are cracked up to be. I'm trying to trade my AR for one right now.

They are converted Siagas with a poor finish and trigger. The side folders are sweet though

They are converted Siagas with a poor finish and trigger. The side folders are sweet though

Yup. BNIB they are sweet looking. After a few cleanings and boom! Finish starts wearing off. My arsenal wasn't very accurate compared to other ak variants that I've shot. Coulda been me but nah, it was the gun!

This just in: The BCG is the piston in the AR design. It subtracts an entire mechanism from the traditional piston platform.

You mean that design that spits gas,carbon,and debris into the most important area of the gun that is most crucial to its functionality. I have nothing against the AR to me its just not a suitable battle rifle. The AR is comfortable it is indeed reliable under most circumstances and it is accurate and I advise everyone to train with both platforms. But the AK as a go rifle is my pick. Just IMO. I will always own both. I just like guns lol

You mean that design that spits gas,carbon,and debris into the most important area of the gun that is most crucial to its functionality. I have nothing against the AR to me its just not a suitable battle rifle. The AR is comfortable it is indeed reliable under most circumstances and it is accurate and I advise everyone to train with both platforms. But the AK as a go rifle is my pick. Just IMO. I will always own both. I just like guns lol

I have seen too many people do The Dirt Dance to give any value to "I have nothing against the AR to me its just not a suitable battle rifle". The AK may be your favorite, but the Ar is a proven battle platform.

I didn't say the AR wasn't a proven design. All I said is it isn't in my opinion to me a first choice. And I don't even think its fair to compare an AK "47" to an AR since the calibers aren't even remotely alike. In a comparison verse the 74 and an AR15 Is more or less fair to compare the trajectory of the 5.45 is greater so these accuracy debates confuse me. My SLR104 shoots just as good as my AR...which is a Delton M4 contour non chrome lined 1-9 twist. I'm not talking hand loads. I'm talking out of the box surplus ammo through both guns. If you look at the action in any AK its virtually clean. Pull your sock off and wipe it. All your gas barely makes it through the gas tube. The AR after shooting several hundred rounds after you pop the upper off you can clearly see carbon,gas and debris. On the bcg on the bolt and the gas tube area. I'm not calling one better than the other. But they both have their disadvantages. My 5.45 is corrosive you aren't really going to find 5.56 that's corrosive. It bothers some people in a pick of a battle weapon

I like the AK because ammo is cheap so I keep one around with 10k rounds or so. I like the AR because I carried one in combat and never had an issue with it when properly maintained and it fits my hands like a glove. That being said I am about to sell them all because I no longer feel the need for a firearm.

I like the AK because ammo is cheap so I keep one around with 10k rounds or so. I like the AR because I carried one in combat and never had an issue with it when properly maintained and it fits my hands like a glove. That being said I am about to sell them all because I no longer feel the need for a firearm.

just avoid boats, the waters have claimed many guns in the past

Back
Top Bottom