• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So, there is this contest…

So when is the competition ? When will we know how you did ?
Competition starts next month. Blades have to be submitted by 1/15. I will post links on how it goes. We were sent a list of the bracket names before the build started but won’t have a final list of competitors till all blades are submitted. I imagine some guys don’t make the deadline.

How many hours of hands on does something like that take?

And if someone wants to buy something like that, what’s that run?

Link to your IG/Etsy if you have one and I’ll be a happy follower

I am just a hobbyist but I average a couple of blades a month in general. One like that has about 50-60 hours in it. Most of my bigger projects have been for donations to good causes like Pocket Testament League. This is the first contest I have done and only agreed because we had 90 days to work it into our timeline and did it in our own shop. (Would be a good deal more time if I had to make a scabbard) My IG is jason_m_burns and I post most of what I make on there.

Awesome craftsmanship which shows in the beauty & quality of the blade. How many layers?
Thanks! This is a low layer count damascus go mai construction. It is three 12 layer billets of 80crv2 and 15n20 divided by two layers of 8670 for a total of only 38 layers. The guard is made from a section of that billet and the pommel is cut-off from the original 12 layer billet.

Congrats! What a nice looking piece. I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say keep us posted. I’ll be searching last blade standing on Y.T.

Back
Top Bottom