• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So tired of junk Allen wrenches

MIC

Eagle Icon Lifetime Supporter
Astroflash
133   0
Reaction score
So I just bent and rounded off my last 3/32" wrench trying to remove a gas block. Feels like most are a tad undersize, really afraid I will damage the screw one day. Can anyone recommend a good brand to buy that will last?

I finally put the money down for a full set of matco about two years ago. Haven't had a problem with Allen wrenches since. $500 worth of T wrenches is a lot but they have been good ones. I use them every day and haven't mangled one yet. Plus if I ever do they'll replace it immediately

For most of us, a $15 dollar set of Klein Tools is a good deal. Some of the best in a small package but I also have a few T-handles for specific ones that I use often, like the 3/32" for gas blocks.

The Klein Tools folding hex key set (with 11 frequently used sizes, including the 3/32" for most gas blocks) is available at Home Depot too.

$14.97 11-size large handle/grip...

For most of us, a $15 dollar set of Klein Tools is a good deal. Some of the best in a small package but I also have a few T-handles for specific ones that I use often, like the 3/32" for gas blocks.

The Klein Tools folding hex key set (with 11 frequently used sizes, including the 3/32" for most gas blocks) is available at Home Depot too.

$14.97 11-size large handle/grip...
Agreed. The only problem is a lot of times when the wrench rounds off it damages the inside of the screw making it to where a drill bit is needed to remove it.

Reactions: MIC
1642531706689.png

Reactions: MIC
Back
Top Bottom