• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So today at processors.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
I took my spike in and there was a guy there with three does he killed this morning.
He had this story about popping them all within minutes of each other with a crossbow from the ground while he was walking.
Said one ran up and he shot it then they all ran and he went after them and another one was lingering so he shot it, reloaded again then shot another one that was lingering.
It was hilarious cause none of the deer were field dressed and the poor kid had to do the dirty work on three deer.
Right in front of a few of us that were standing around including the shooter , the kid said “Every single one of these deer have corn in its mouth so they were all shot while eating at a feeder.”
The “hunter” turned beat red and said “They must have been eating at the neighbors feeder.”

The kid said “Uh huh.”

Then he turned to me and said “Thanks John for field dressing your deer for me.”

Man he was pissed.

He probably would have been fine with it if the guy wasn’t running his mouth with this big convoluted story of these deer coming at him from all directions while he was walking towards them on foot.

Regardless it was just another fun story to put in my hunting diary for my Grandkids.

yg1R3X.gif

I have never took a deer in 46 yrs that wasnt field dressed before the ride in my truck. I don’t think it’s possible for me to understand that concept of not field dressing one. I assure you that if anyone hunts with me that’s part of the job. The only exception I can think of is if a person was handicapped and in wheelchair

I have never took a deer in 46 yrs that wasnt field dressed before the ride in my truck. I don’t think it’s possible for me to understand that concept of not field dressing one. I assure you that if anyone hunts with me that’s part of the job. The only exception I can think of is if a person was handicapped and in wheelchair
I don't remember the last one I field dressed. Processor is minutes away and charges $7. No way I'm dealing with it for that.

I took my spike in and there was a guy there with three does he killed this morning.
He had this story about popping them all within minutes of each other with a crossbow from the ground while he was walking.
Said one ran up and he shot it then they all ran and he went after them and another one was lingering so he shot it, reloaded again then shot another one that was lingering.
It was hilarious cause none of the deer were field dressed and the poor kid had to do the dirty work on three deer.
Right in front of a few of us that were standing around including the shooter , the kid said “Every single one of these deer have corn in its mouth so they were all shot while eating at a feeder.”
The “hunter” turned beat red and said “They must have been eating at the neighbors feeder.”

The kid said “Uh huh.”

Then he turned to me and said “Thanks John for field dressing your deer for me.”

Man he was pissed.

He probably would have been fine with it if the guy wasn’t running his mouth with this big convoluted story of these deer coming at him from all directions while he was walking towards them on foot.

Regardless it was just another fun story to put in my hunting diary for my Grandkids.
So he went from stalking them on the ground and tripling up to sniping them at a feeder. That escalated quickly. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom