• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So today at processors.

The biggest problem I have with folks not field dressing them is I’ve seen people letting the deer sit with guts for an hour or more time they get to a processor and then many places the meat is mixed with other folks deer because they typically process several at a time and I for one don’t like the idea of my deer being mixed with one that may have been dead several hours not dressed.
Are you saying there is a processor out there that actually admits to mixing deer? If so, please PM the name. I want to make sure I NEVER use that processor. And for exactly the reason you mention. Some idiot driving around in 80 degree heat with his gut shot deer strapped to the hood of his car for 3 hours to show off to his buddies. Nope. Mine go from standing to hanging asap.

I've been to a processor exactly twice. Wont ever trust another one. I've come to get a certain satisfaction out of the whole process. Even doing it all myself, it's the most expensive meat we eat all year. And if I don't gut em, the tractor ain't strong enough to pull em out of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom