• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So....What are your goals for this deer season?

Hunt some new spots and hopefully enjoy my new deer tower with my Daughter and her Husband as they’re taking up hunting together this year.

Also gonna let my buddy spend as much time in the tower as he needs to bag a deer as he had a bad season last year.

Looking forward to a lighter climber as I’ve scouted some killer spots in the mountains but they’re up steep ridges so I gotta shed some pounds to pull it off.
Also hoping to run into that darn near grizzly sized black bear I saw last season.
My buddy wants it badly.

I've got my sights set on a particular buck, but he hasn't been around much at all. Two sightings of him in seven months. There is a big eight around that I'm pretty sure I can take, but I'm strongly thinking about letting him go for another year. If I do take him, he would be the biggest buck I've killed, so it's going to be hard to let him walk.

I'm really looking forward to exploring some new land I have access to in South Georgia. Once it cools off a bit, I'll be tromping around on it hunting small game with a 10mm on my side, just in case.

Hope to get back down to Burke county and have another chance at the big one I passed up last year(150yds standing, managed to drop down to sitting and still couldn't get supported well enough to make a good shot). Watched him walk off...........
Would like my son to get out more with me this year.
Would also like to get one with a pistol this year and would love to drop one with my Trapdoor carbine.
Wish you all well, and with luck, perhaps your desires in the field will make it to pictures for all to see on the ODT! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom