• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what is your EDC ammo and why?

Liberty civil defense, 9mm weighs 50 grains and travels a whopping 2,000 fps
https://libertyammo.com/
Liberty Ammunition’s 9mm Ammo Lead Free ammo is a high-performance ammunition with twice the effective range of standard ammo. This lead free ammo provides up to 16% less felt recoil and considerably less weight in loaded magazines. Liberty reduced the projectile weights to less than half of a traditional lead core and copper jacketed hollow point bullet.

Civil Defense 9mm Ammo Lead Free personal defense round has received the highest score from the National Tactical Officers Association Members Tested and Recommended Program. With a 50-grain weight and a velocity of 2,000 FPS (kinetic energy at >450 FPE), Liberty Ammo Civil Defense 9mm rounds have an accuracy rate of under 2-inches at 50 meters. Lead-free bullets and ammunition are the future and Liberty Ammunition is in the forefront of that movement.

The why is twofold, one it is effective to stop a threat and Two, carrying a G19 with 16 rounds and a spare mag of another 15 equals, 1,550 grains weight wise and the same amount of 115 grain is 3,565 grains, so lighter is better, plus more effective in this case, watch you tube video of gelatin tests

Liberty civil defense, 9mm weighs 50 grains and travels a whopping 2,000 fps
https://libertyammo.com/
Liberty Ammunition’s 9mm Ammo Lead Free ammo is a high-performance ammunition with twice the effective range of standard ammo. This lead free ammo provides up to 16% less felt recoil and considerably less weight in loaded magazines. Liberty reduced the projectile weights to less than half of a traditional lead core and copper jacketed hollow point bullet.

Civil Defense 9mm Ammo Lead Free personal defense round has received the highest score from the National Tactical Officers Association Members Tested and Recommended Program. With a 50-grain weight and a velocity of 2,000 FPS (kinetic energy at >450 FPE), Liberty Ammo Civil Defense 9mm rounds have an accuracy rate of under 2-inches at 50 meters. Lead-free bullets and ammunition are the future and Liberty Ammunition is in the forefront of that movement.

The why is twofold, one it is effective to stop a threat and Two, carrying a G19 with 16 rounds and a spare mag of another 15 equals, 1,550 grains weight wise and the same amount of 115 grain is 3,565 grains, so lighter is better, plus more effective in this case, watch you tube video of gelatin tests

I will check out some videos on it. From what i remember. I thought that was a hype round as well. Not enough penetration/expansion.

Winchester rangers on personal guns because I get a good deal on them, and work guns have hornady critical duty in them because that's what I'm issued.

I don't really care what brand and model bullet is in my carry gun, as long as it's a hollowpoint that will somewhat expand. Even if, in something like .38 spl. caliber fired from a 2" barreled snubby, it won't expand MUCH.
Whatever I buy, I try to go online first and see some actual ballistic gelatin tests. If none are posted online for that load from a gun similar to mine, I often do my own tests with stacks of soaked- wet newspaper and old junk mail. I stick it in a big Igloo cooler or plastic storage box, soak it with water, leave it to get soft for a full 24 hours, and then drain the water and drag the box/ cooler out into the back yard for a few test shots.

Right now, my 9mm defensive ammo is Speer/CCI 124 gr. law enforcement duty ammo, +P rated.
I still have some 124 gr. CCI Blazers left, with 124 gr. Gold Dot HP bullet, NOT plus-P rated, but they worked fine in my tests.

For the .38 special, my first round to fire will be a Glaser Safety Slug, followed by 3 Remington 125 gr. HP's (+P), and finally the last round will be the FBI load-- 158 gr. lead semi-wadcutter HP.

Back
Top Bottom