• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what stocks are you researching?

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
So what are you researching for future investments? I’m interested (although not convinced ) in companies that will benefit from growth in 5G. 5G probably still about a year away... looks like Nokia and Qualcomm might be in prime spot to benefit. What growth areas are you looking at for future investments?

im. a noob at stocks, I'm starting off slow with safe returns in a drip account

was look at either Johnson Johnson or duke energy, but think ill go with duke because I dont have to use a brokerage firm (I think I can do a direct account with them)

im. a noob at stocks, I'm starting off slow with safe returns in a drip account

was look at either Johnson Johnson or duke energy, but think ill go with duke because I dont have to use a brokerage firm (I think I can do a direct account with them)

What do you like about Duke energy? I Don’t know anything about this company?

I watch a few that I have owned off and on over the years.

AUPH. Bios are dangerous but these guys are working on a lupus drug that looks promising. A bunch of people are going to get eaither really rich or really poor on this one. I don't hold it long enough to cash in big but it gets in a rhythm that's fairly easy to predict and I swing trade it for a few weeks until it starts getting unpredictable again.

ARMS. This company and stock is garbage. I used to swing trade it a bunch but eventually mistimed a swing trade and lost pretty much everything I had ever made on it. I haven't owned it in over a year but it has never recovered to where i had last bought in. Now it's just fun to watch it circle the drain daily.

F. Ford is a boring as heck stock, but the divvy is nice especially if you use a drip. I bought a bunch of this, set it to drip and just ignore it

TSLA. The ultimate cult stock. This bad boy swings wildly and I think eventually is going to make a bunch of people very poor. It's fairly easy to swing trade though if you watch it for a month or so

UAA. UnderArmor took a beating after the CEO joined trump's business task force. I swung trade it for a while but lately it has gotten fairly boring.

If you don't have a stocktwits account set one up. I take little I read in there seriously but it's fun to watch some of the crazy scam stocks like DRYS make people poor.

CRM, COUP, SYK, CME, HDS, GWW. These have all been good to me this year up until October (moved with the markets). Waiting on buy signals to get back in one or more.

What do you like about Duke energy? I Don’t know anything about this company?
They are relatively diversified and have been around a while

Plus energy companies have large barriers to entrance so competition amongst firms is less competitive meaning more stable earnings.

Wont get you rich but is safe. Also you deal directly with duke as mo 3rd party brokerage is required

Here is another good way to tell. if you google best drips the search (like all google searches) is optimized to bring you the results that are essentially advertising. All searches reveal stocks through broker firms. However if you read vindicated financial publishing and not via google then duke gets mentioned quite a few times by some of the good publications

I have been researching stocks for many years with a MBA at UGA. I am a CFA, CLU, and a ChFC. I am a Registered Investment Adviser under SEC rules. This stock picking is not easy to do.

I understand every financial statement and cash flow statement. I say you need to stick with an U.S. index fund. I like the low-cost Vanguard Funds.

It is clearly researched that fee-based money managers are netting 75% of the index funds.

My advice is to save 20% of your income into tax-deffered accounts such as a 401K or an IRA, and place those in a low cost index fund.

Many of my previous clients ignore the facts and spend beyond their means and hope to make it up later.

This strategy does not work.

Right now I own a bunch of RGSE and ACB! I have been making good money in stocks. Just watch close and 5%-10% a week is possible. Sell and buy at the right times. My goal is to have my gains pay my truck off and buy me a Barret M107A1!:becky:

Back
Top Bottom