• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So what was your first ride?

'63 Chevy stepside with a 327 and 3spd from a Corvette. It was rough but would SMOKE the tires.
It's name was Booger.

VERY similar to this one that is priced at $31,000. I sold mine in running condition for $500. :(
63 Chevy.jpg

DD2269FE-BA8D-41FE-A06F-42FE131071EF.jpeg

My first ride was a bicycle , pretty sure it was from Western Auto , it was purple with the sissy bar and a metal flake purple banana seat , I think it was a three speed?

Followed a couple years later when I turned 12 by a old Honda Trail 90.
The Honda 90 was not envied by any of my friends who all had larger louder dirt bikes like XL- 175s and XL-250s with big knobby tires and no mufflers , but the trail 90 was perfect for cruising the nearby state park that was filled all summer with families from Florida vacationing in the north Georgia mountains , and most of those families had cute girls….

My little moped looking thing was appeared innocent enough that the parents of the girls felt comfortable letting the girls go for rides on it .

I turned 15 in 1979, My first car was a 66 Thunderbird , that had been taken apart by someone to restore and they never put it back together , I spent all winter re assembling it in a shed .

It lasted about a year and the engine blew up, the next car was a quick succession of cars , a 62 Mercury Meteor , a 69 four door Thunderbird , which had an enormous back seat , and the 69 Mercury cyclone pictured below .
As you can see it was definitely a chick magnet . But it was cool and for $275 was a daily reliable car and looked a lot better after I installed hijacker air shocks , slot mags and fat tires

Bonus points if y’all can identify the location in the picture .
In the late 70s and early 80s , it was so busy they would close the front gate about 10 am and not let anyone else in .
I’ve got a Trail 90 and a Trail 70 for sale…

Mine was a 76 Celica similar to this one but with a white exterior. I was 16 years old and this was my ticket to paradise. Got me to school every day, work at the grocery store, and most importantly, my car for dating. It had the seat covers you would buy in a box from K Mart and a decent aftermarket stereo. I saw this on eBay Motors and it brought back a flood of memories.

View attachment 4941993
Mine was a 1977 Liftback GT model and in green as well. I bought it new at North GA Toyota in Dalton when I was 16 years old. I put over 300k miles on that car, never let me down.

Back
Top Bottom