• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

There's no way I could ride a motorcycle, I have people pull out in front of me daily. I drive a fire engine red Chevy 2500 and live in a small town.

There's no way I could ride a motorcycle, I have people pull out in front of me daily. I drive a fire engine red Chevy 2500 and live in a small town.

You just learn to drive more defensively... I have about 200k miles on bikes, between street and track... 99% of that is on street. Been down twice on the street and once on the race track, walked away all 3 times because I had good gear on. Painful, but nothing truly bad...

If you think people are crappy drivers now, go spend a day on a bike. It's an eye opener... The average driver... you don't know how they are still alive... they are typically oblivious to their surroundings, their reflexes suck, they can't maintain a line, they don't know how to turn properly, turn signals might as well not exist... they don't know what an apex is, the list goes on... They think that because they haven't smashed into anyone lately, that that makes them a "good driver" and its laughable...

Hey, we are doing a track day at Road Atlanta tomorrow if any of you guys are in the area. Even if you are not on track, it's fun to hang out and socialize between sessions and watch the action.

I don't believe there is a gate fee for spectators, and you can come down into the pit area. Look for a Red Monster 1200S, #37, and a grey Street Triple RS #7, or a KTM Duke 390, #22... that will be our group.

Picked up a new ride today...

883E224B-F7F8-4538-945B-B8B895A22A67.jpeg
BC982C32-DC7E-4B72-801A-94E6236A26F0.jpeg

the new V4? supposed to be a bad machine.. haven't ridden one yet but hopefully will throw my leg over one soon. Love the V4, considering selling my 1290 and getting a Tuono. Now if Ducati would just make a new V4 street fighter. :)

No, I actually went for the 959. I sat on the V4 and trust me, I would love to unleash 214hp onto the street and track, but at the end of the day, I couldn't justify spending almost $25k out the door(for the base model), on a bike. So I saved almost 10 grand and went with the 959. If I could have found a new, leftover 1299 for like $17k, I probably would have grabbed that.

This one is rated at 157hp at the crank, so 138hp or so at the wheel is typical. Low 140's with a pipe and a tune.

I looked at the Termi full exhaust kit, which is what I had on the Monster 1200S... Over 5 grand. I almost shat myself. LOL

Will just go aftermarket like SC Project and have Mark at The Ducshop flash and tune the ECU on the dyno for less than half that...

I want a Tuono 1100 so bad, but the closest Aprilia dealer is in Savannah. Too much of a pain to have a 4 hour drive each way if you need service, warranty work or just to reset the maintenance minder...

My hope is to play on this for a year or so, do a couple track days and have fun, and in the meantime Ducati releases a new V4 Monster or Streetfighter, and I will get one of those the second they do.

Back
Top Bottom