• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

No, I actually went for the 959. I sat on the V4 and trust me, I would love to unleash 214hp onto the street and track, but at the end of the day, I couldn't justify spending almost $25k out the door(for the base model), on a bike. So I saved almost 10 grand and went with the 959. If I could have found a new, leftover 1299 for like $17k, I probably would have grabbed that.

This one is rated at 157hp at the crank, so 138hp or so at the wheel is typical. Low 140's with a pipe and a tune.

I looked at the Termi full exhaust kit, which is what I had on the Monster 1200S... Over 5 grand. I almost shat myself. LOL

Will just go aftermarket like SC Project and have Mark at The Ducshop flash and tune the ECU on the dyno for less than half that...

I want a Tuono 1100 so bad, but the closest Aprilia dealer is in Savannah. Too much of a pain to have a 4 hour drive each way if you need service, warranty work or just to reset the maintenance minder...

My hope is to play on this for a year or so, do a couple track days and have fun, and in the meantime Ducati releases a new V4 Monster or Streetfighter, and I will get one of those the second they do.

True. I was traveling and worked with some aprilia dealers, but not having one close by could be a deal breaker and was a big decision for me to get the 1290.

Termi and Akra exhausts are stupid $$$. When I got my 1290 I wanted the full Ti Akra system, took me a little while to find a low mileage used one with the full system (less than 1k miles, plus had heated grips). I think it was about $2600 for the system. WTF.

the 959 is still an awesome bike and funny how a few years ago the 916 was considered the "liter bike" and now it's the "smaller version". Most say it's much more balanced than the big bikes. They can be intimidating to ride anywhere near their potential.

33425_10150221007890082_6490437_n.jpg
36460_10150221011500082_7414747_n.jpg
36460_10150221011495082_1917817_n.jpg

True. I was traveling and worked with some aprilia dealers, but not having one close by could be a deal breaker and was a big decision for me to get the 1290.

Termi and Akra exhausts are stupid $$$. When I got my 1290 I wanted the full Ti Akra system, took me a little while to find a low mileage used one with the full system (less than 1k miles, plus had heated grips). I think it was about $2600 for the system. WTF.

the 959 is still an awesome bike and funny how a few years ago the 916 was considered the "liter bike" and now it's the "smaller version". Most say it's much more balanced than the big bikes. They can be intimidating to ride anywhere near their potential.

Yeah, when 157hp at the crank is considered the “Little bike”, things have changed...

I just need it to dry up so I can get some seat time. So far it corners like a cat in carpet...

Damn man. That sucks. Heal up quick and get back on two if it feels right.

I’m selling my Harley hopefully this week and after riding street for 25 years and owning a bunch of bikes, I’m thinking about hanging it up. Too many distracted CELL PHONE drivers that don’t look out for cars much less motorcycles. Right now for me, it just doesn’t seem worth it, but at the same time it will be weird not having a bike in the garage! Decisions.....

Blokes is gone and now this. I gave up years ago and dont blame you.

RZ

Back
Top Bottom