• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

IMG_2299.JPG

My first bike in 1976 - a 1969 sportster. My 69 Camaro in the background.
IMG_1195.JPG
My last bike was the only one I ever purchased brand new.

I gave up riding this past Sunday. Sold my last bike. After a lifetime of riding and surviving some nasty accidents, I've decided to hang it up and start a new chapter in my life. My wife and I have toured all over the US and ridden in every kind of weather this country has to offer. Now we need a little more creature comforts. It's been a long, wonderful ride!

View attachment 1774967
My first bike in 1976 - a 1969 sportster. My 69 Camaro in the background.
View attachment 1774966 My last bike was the only one I ever purchased brand new.

I gave up riding this past Sunday. Sold my last bike. After a lifetime of riding and surviving some nasty accidents, I've decided to hang it up and start a new chapter in my life. My wife and I have toured all over the US and ridden in every kind of weather this country has to offer. Now we need a little more creature comforts. It's been a long, wonderful ride!

I don't know if I am done for good or done for now but we bought a Wrangler. With the doors and top off it almost feels like a motorcycle but there is still a cage around us and it accommodates 3 much better than a motorcycle.

I don't know if I am done for good or done for now but we bought a Wrangler. With the doors and top off it almost feels like a motorcycle but there is still a cage around us and it accommodates 3 much better than a motorcycle.

I can't get on a bike and just ride a little bit. If I can't ride 3-400 miles, I don't want to ride and my wife's health won't let her ride like that anymore. She can't take the heat and she's become sensitized to the sun. Otherwise, we'd still be touring all over the US! Our best trip was to Ca., 6k+ miles in 14 days. We regularly rode 5-700 miles a day unless we found a place we really liked. Then we'd stay a day and head out again. Loved every minute of it. When we weren't on a trip, we'd set out to find the rain. We would ride til we found it or had to go back to work. We will miss that!

I can't get on a bike and just ride a little bit. If I can't ride 3-400 miles, I don't want to ride and my wife's health won't let her ride like that anymore. She can't take the heat and she's become sensitized to the sun. Otherwise, we'd still be touring all over the US! Our best trip was to Ca., 6k+ miles in 14 days. We regularly rode 5-700 miles a day unless we found a place we really liked. Then we'd stay a day and head out again. Loved every minute of it. When we weren't on a trip, we'd set out to find the rain. We would ride til we found it or had to go back to work. We will miss that!

I've always enjoyed muscle cruisers and dual sports so they haven't really been cut out for those distances but last year I drove to San Diego, Oceanside, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Grand Canyon, Malibu, San Francisco, Montana, Yellowstone, and many other places.

anyone looking for a good set of leathers? I have a new Dainese one piece Kyalami kangaroo suit, size 52 euro (42 US) for sale. brand new just got one too small, and already ordered the next size up. instead of sending it back, I'll pass along some savings. usually $2k retail, will sell it for $1100. Black/White/Fluo Red, perforated, kangaroo leather suit. Top of the line non airbag suit. Can send photos if anyone is interested PM me. For fitment, I"m 6'1" about 185lbs. I can fit in it, but with my thicker back protector and chest protector it's just a bit too snug. Ideally would fit better for someone 5'9" to 6', 150 to 180lbs or so.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-kyalami-perforated-race-suit

Back
Top Bottom