• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who all rides motorcycles?????

We did see a couple on their Harley...that missed a sharp curve and sailed the bike over a cliff...60 feet down...the female had her stomach completely road rashed...bike was trashed

Years ago my Bride and I were coming back from Dahlonega on a Sunday..I had left my 99 Fat Boy with a Brother that was a wrench at Killer Creek..Coming home I decided to stop by Walmart and take Clear Creek Rd, just outside Ellijay..I had not been feeling good and my Bride was behind me in her Honda Accord..As I turned on Clear Creek I stopped to tell her, I wanted to pick up something, I forget what..KInda weird she reminded me of the big curve at the church..I was well aware of it as I had traveled that road many times. Well Murphy's law in that curve I went down hard and had to be life lighted to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga . They determined that I suffered a stroke. Frankly I don't remember anything except, I did wake up for a second in the chopper looking at my right thumb, that was peeled back..After that the only thing I remembered was the pain as they turned me on the table..Broke 8 ribs on my left side and the Clavicle was almost sticking out of my shoulder..Well 4 days later with a morphine patch on my back, my Nam Knight Brothers took me down to Andersonville to the Museum. As they went to the Museum they left me with the ladies at the pool..Wish I could remember what happened..Three weeks later I went to Killer Creek and bought a 2009 Ultra Peace Officers addition and had them deliver it to my Home..
IMG_0256.JPG

Years ago my Bride and I were coming back from Dahlonega on a Sunday..I had left my 99 Fat Boy with a Brother that was a wrench at Killer Creek..Coming home I decided to stop by Walmart and take Clear Creek Rd, just outside Ellijay..I had not been feeling good and my Bride was behind me in her Honda Accord..As I turned on Clear Creek I stopped to tell her, I wanted to pick up something, I forget what..KInda weird she reminded me of the big curve at the church..I was well aware of it as I had traveled that road many times. Well Murphy's law in that curve I went down hard and had to be life lighted to Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga . They determined that I suffered a stroke. Frankly I don't remember anything except, I did wake up for a second in the chopper looking at my right thumb, that was peeled back..After that the only thing I remembered was the pain as they turned me on the table..Broke 8 ribs on my left side and the Clavicle was almost sticking out of my shoulder..Well 4 days later with a morphine patch on my back, my Nam Knight Brothers took me down to Andersonville to the Museum. As they went to the Museum they left me with the ladies at the pool..Wish I could remember what happened..Three weeks later I went to Killer Creek and bought a 2009 Ultra Peace Officers addition and had them deliver it to my Home..
View attachment 4607882
Damn glad you made it through all that! Glad you still ride. Our group just got back from Sturgis. Spent one day at Sturgis (the party) the rest 5 days rode our asses off!!

He just dropped it. We stopped to let everyone catch up..and his foot could touch the asphalt..and over he went
Happen to two buddies riding in Spearfish Canyon (South Dakota) last week. The asphalt had a slant pulled over and over they went. Ego’s bruised but fortunately no one was hurt.

41FE85F0-E820-415A-AEA3-D9DCDA9D7124.jpeg
B33C513C-DF98-4CA7-AF5E-A5AD056797FA.jpeg

I had a good day at the Advanced motorcycle riders safety course from Pro Rider Atlanta (Buford, GA).
The instructor is a retired motorcycle cop and still a part time deputy in a different jurisdiction.

It was a great (but difficult) class, but on the way back home I got caught in a thunderstorm and ducked into a closed business in an industrial park to get under a canopy.

And here, I found out what that noise was that I'd been hearing for the last 5 miles or so. I would occasionally hear a metallic clank like a stone was hitting the undercarriage of my motorcycle.
Now I see it was my license plate holder that broke off (Metal fatigue and 65 mile an hour wind ), was dangling by the wire for the little light, and was occasionally bumping against the fender or wheel.

Does anybody know if the "Christian Motorcycle (Motorcyclists?) Association"
is still around, and has a real presence outside of Facebook or other social media which I do not participate in?

I did a Google search and found two different websites that are supposedly affiliated with this group, but the websites haven't been updated in forever and I would think the group is out of business or defunct.

Back
Top Bottom