• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So who has a Valkyrie and whats your opinion of it.

I think it's gonna be more than an also ran, but not a game changer. It's designed for specific use, and that's who it will be favored by.

The 6.5 creedmoor is appealing to lots of shooters. Hunters, long range, competition, new shooters and so on. 224 won't have the reach that 6.5 has.

Of course it won't "reach" 6.5 Creedmoor... but 6.5CM also doesn't run in a standard AR lower.

For the semi-auto shooter... it'll have impact. Lots of distance and little recoil.

For bolt guys...less so I think.

Took it down to the 2000 meter unknow distance range at Blakely and she was very good to 1000 using the 90 grain but lots a wind and it was struggling to do the 1250 plate that my Creedmoors handled with ease.

I was running only an 18 " upper so a 22 or 24 may have helped. But to me looks like a lot of good options for an light weight simi.

Also with the low cost 75 g it rings the small plate on the 500 meter range at Riverbend all day long and has enough energy left to rock the plate

Took it down to the 2000 meter unknow distance range at Blakely and she was very good to 1000 using the 90 grain but lots a wind and it was struggling to do the 1250 plate that my Creedmoors handled with ease.

I was running only an 18 " upper so a 22 or 24 may have helped. But to me looks like a lot of good options for an light weight simi.

Also with the low cost 75 g it rings the small plate on the 500 meter range at Riverbend all day long and has enough energy left to rock the plate
It's def optimized for a longer barrel.

460044FB-308C-4EB1-8932-DCB75B428AF1.jpeg

One thing to note on those velocities... it's a pretty linear decrease.

No massive drop off like you would see with say .223

So... you after a 1000yd target gun..
I'd settle in at 24" or so.

Hunting? Could probably go much shorter and still have better ballistics than anything else on an AR15 platform.

One thing to note on those velocities... it's a pretty linear decrease.

No massive drop off like you would see with say .223

So... you after a 1000yd target gun..
I'd settle in at 24" or so.

Hunting? Could probably go much shorter and still have better ballistics than anything else on an AR15 platform.
I got the 18" because it was available to play with. Will keep it an may build a 22 or 24 inch for the trips to Blakely

But you sure are correct about better ballistics than the rest of the AR offernings

I understand their is physics to overcome here but personally if I can't get it done in 18" with an AR, I'd rather just go bolt gun.

Sometimes the speed of the Gas Gun over comes the extra benefits of a bolt. a 20-22" ar isn't that long and a 22" Valkrie will be lighter than a 22" creedmoor especially for a DMR match or varmint hunting

Sometimes the speed of the Gas Gun over comes the extra benefits of a bolt. a 20-22" ar isn't that long and a 22" Valkrie will be lighter than a 22" creedmoor especially for a DMR match or varmint hunting
This is very true. I am just personally allergic to pretty much anything over 20" that doesn't scatter.

Back
Top Bottom