• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So... who has lost a favorite watering hole due to new 'no guns' sign?

spencer60

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
286   0
Reaction score
Last night I stopped off at the Ship and Anchor (Dunwoody/Sandy Springs) for a cigar and a couple of beers out on their patio. I've been going there for about 10 years now, and know a bunch of folks there.

Generally they have good people who work there. I've been to gun shows and ranges with some of the staff over the years, and I know the GM is a hunter since we've discussed flying with guns.

Anyways, I went in and ordered my beer, went out and started the cigar. About halfway through I needed a refill, so I went back inside to get one, and on the way back out notice a printed paper sign on the inside of the door with the 'no guns' symbol on it.

The verbiage was something like 'while we respect the Second Amendment, please respect our property rights and leave any weapons in the car'. Not over the top, but there it was.

I went back out and finished my beer and cigar. When I went in the GM was doing bar duty. I tabbed out and wished him well, telling him that this would be the last time I would be in there. When he asked why, I mentioned the new sign and told him that I couldn't support any business that did things like that.

And just to clarify, I never carry if I'm having even a single drink, so it wasn't that I was worried about being caught or anything. I just don't do business with anyone that thinks it's OK to put up a 'no guns' sign.

So I'm curious, has anyone else seen a 'no guns' sign pop up in their favorite watering hole in this new, 'guns everywhere' era?

If so, what did you do?

I always carried a gun.When I didnt have a permit prior to 1990 I carried a gun.Carried in the OMNI,carried at Fulton county stadium,carried in the Dome.Will always carry a gun.Sign I didnt see no stinkin sign.

I always carried a gun.When I didnt have a permit prior to 1990 I carried a gun.Carried in the OMNI,carried at Fulton county stadium,carried in the Dome.Will always carry a gun.Sign I didnt see no stinkin sign.

i.imgur.com_tyTc1Nl.jpg

always one on every site.. point.point.point .point.point.Gonna cry to a mod like you usually do? scatch paint thingy ...always do?

When most all responsible gun owners agree that it is not prudent to carry while drinking, I don't understand while someone would punish them selves by removing something they like from their life.

Not like it was some store or food joint where it would be an inconvenience to disarm and rearm.

I understand the sentiment most if the time and have told buisness owners that I would not be back because if this policy, but I don't have a problem with a bar taking this postion.
I've worked bars before and I know that some, usually good people turn into an "instant asshole-just add alcohol"

The bar owner would assume a large liability if he allowed guns in the bar.

Its too expensice to drink in bars... plus i dont know of any that allow you to smoke a cigar even if outside. The cigar shop i go to is BYOB so thats what i do.

When most all responsible gun owners agree that it is not prudent to carry while drinking, I don't understand while someone would punish them selves by removing something they like from their life.

Not like it was some store or food joint where it would be an inconvenience to disarm and rearm.

I understand the sentiment most if the time and have told buisness owners that I would not be back because if this policy, but I don't have a problem with a bar taking this postion.
I've worked bars before and I know that some, usually good people turn into an "instant asshole-just add alcohol"

The bar owner would assume a large liability if he allowed guns in the bar.

It's already illegal to drink in a bar when carrying a firearm in Georgia; the owner just added insult by alienating his customers who eat there and don't drink alcohol because they are carrying.

Back
Top Bottom