• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So you wanna noodle a Tarpon .

For what?
Because Tarpon are catch and release only and in Florida fish over 40 inches must remain in the water....This was in Islamorada Florida at Robbies. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw him out and told him to never come back. Too bad it wasn't a 100 lb fish...you would have seen a broken arm and shoulder... He likely killed that fish with his arm looped thru the gills like it was.

Because Tarpon are catch and release only and in Florida fish over 40 inches must remain in the water....This was in Islamorada Florida at Robbies. Wouldn't surprise me if they threw him out and told him to never come back. Too bad it wasn't a 100 lb fish...you would have seen a broken arm and shoulder... He likely killed that fish with his arm looped thru the gills like it was.
OK, so there's some context. Helpful. Apparently this is place where you can feed the tarpon?

Seems to me that maybe dude wasn't trying to catch the fish so much as the fish maybe bit off more than it could chew?

Nevermind. In watching it again, dude's arm was already bloody so he was obviously trying to noodle one and had been previously unsuccessful. Yeah, they should have kicked him out, regardless of what the FLA fishing regs are.

I love the keys...I replaced every power pole from key west to key largo...put down many of rum drinks at Robbies....and every other place on the islands...Mahi and black fin should be rocking soon

Back
Top Bottom