• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

So you want all my information......

No....a lot of ppl. don't wanna sell to felons.

Why?
Felons can be nice people.
I know a lot of assholes that are not felons that I wouldn't sell a firearm.

I don't think any of our mass shooters were felons either.

It's illegal for a felon to possess a firearm, It's not illegal to unknowingly sell to a felon.

Do you have any idea just how easy it is to have a felony charge?

What about those charged with domestic violence? How do you keep from selling to those?
Do you make them bring their significant others with them?

Maybe.

I have several that I bet aren't on a 4473 anywhere.

You have to remember that for some of us, background checks are a relatively recent innovation. I bought guns at Sears and Richs in Atlanta with no forms at all. There was a time when you could mail order guns -no records.

There are still a lot of guns floating around that quiet legally have no serial numbers.

I have several myself.:shocked:

I always laugh when people pause when I ask their address....

it’s like “calm the **** down, do you want you’re safe or not?”

hahahahaha!

I have had a guy on my schedule for 2 weeks, I have his brand new $6500 safe sitting here, still no address.... I already asked 3-4 times (delivery is Monday) and all I know is general location, LOL

The guy must have reached my level of paranoia. I was chatting with a manager in a grocery store the other day, talking about Thanksgiving plans. When he asked about my travel dates, my first thought: is he scheduling a burglary?
Regarding safes, I saw one in a gun store showroom once with a huge sold sticker and a copy of the BOS and delivery info posted on it. Had the guys complete name, address and hours he would be home for the next week. Left that shop, never been back.

Why?
It's not like you live near a state line.
Now if you pull up with Alabama plates on your ride, then we will need some proof of residency.

The law doesn't say an individual has to prove anything, but to not "Knowingly" sell to someone from out of state, KNOWN felons.
The folks at a gun store were talking about you being held for their mental state of mind. SMH

So why can any these people rent a U-Haul, buy fertilizer and diesel fuel?

The only way to stop semi sane people from doing random harm towards others, is by cutting off their heads and putting them on a pike.
Insane people that commit such crimes against humanity and are unfit to stand trial should go to the the front of the execution line.

What if I pulled up with my Bama plate to by a long gun and had a permit? We good?

I don't care if you have Jersey plates, and have a current GWL we're good to go.

As far as I know it's your cousins car, but there is enough to arouse suspicion.

There's a good chance that those that have served a felonious sentence will have jail house tats, but that doesn't mean everybody with jailhouse tats are felons..

I understand that. What i am asking is if I live and reside in Alabama and have an Alabama carry license will you sell me a long gun? I know pistols just like at the store can not be bought but transferred to your gun store but I can by a long gun anywhere.

BUT, if you close your doors all those files go to atf, correct? Or if they feel the desire, they can audit your files anytime they choose, iirc.
Yes, if you close, all your 4473's in the past 20 years must be turned in. But, federal law still prohibits the ATF from putting them in a searchable database so they are literally stored in storage containers. So if the ATF wants to know exactly how many guns John Jacob Smith has had transferred to him on a 4473 they will still need to physically check every FFL in the country plus finger through the hundreds of thousands they have stored from closed businesses. It would be a seemingly impossible task.

I understand that. What i am asking is if I live and reside in Alabama and have an Alabama carry license will you sell me a long gun? I know pistols just like at the store can not be bought but transferred to your gun store but I can by a long gun anywhere.
The state has to boarder Ga. not just "any" state. Rifles only no pistols

No.

Firearms that transfer ownership across state lines are required by law to go through a FFL holder in the state that the purchaser resides.

I do not have a FFL.

Back
Top Bottom