• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sobering video.... Lets be safe this Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know road blocks catch THOUSANDS of drunk drivers each year, but hey, I'd rather see kids with their heads torn off than my " Rights infringed upon".

Ya know road blocks catch THOUSANDS of drunk drivers each year, but hey, I'd rather see kids with their heads torn off than my " Rights infringed upon".

I was just thinking that....but didn't feel it needed to be said, I think videos like this speak louder than we ever can, or will be able to.

Side note to everyone else:

I am only 20 but I have already lost three friends to drunk drivers and one to texting....Be careful people, this is no joke.

There are about 12,000 firearms homicides per year in the U.S. Please let us know when you are ready to give up your gun rights so these people can be saved.

Apples to Oranges. Nice red herring though.

Not at all. You are willing to trade liberty for security. That argument can be made in so many different particulars: Freedom of speech. Press. Religion. Search and seizure. Double jeopardy. Self-incrimination.

If we remove the rules preventing police officers from beating admission of guilt out of suspects, a lot of guilty people who would have otherwise gone free will be caught. Yes, some innocent people will get beaten, but that's the price of security, right?

My apologies to those that the graphic nature of the video offended. However that is the point, to move you at some deeper level to not participate in the behavior depicted or to step up and say something to a friend that is about to drive impaired.

Yes, I gasped when I watched it. It offended me. I posted to offend and move my friends here in the same way.

This is an ADULT site unlike the one I dont visit across the creek. We have many threads here that are offensive. This one just steps on a few toes.

The video is also a "compilation" of video that have aired on public television in Australia for the last couple decades. I know that is Au and we are the US, but what makes us less able to face the reality of the crime. This is not simply gratuitous violence. There is a MESSAGE here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom