• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar Eclipse coming through Georgia on August 21st !!!

I remember having one in elementary school around '82 or '83. They cancelled recess because they thought the solar eclipse would damage our eyes. Who knew back then just being in the sun was bad news.

In certain places in ga, this will be a full eclipse. It's only about 70 miles wide to get the full effect. Total dark. Think I'm gonna take the ride. Seen a few, but not a total eclipse.

This is the first total solar eclipse for the US since 1918. Wish I could travel closer to the path of totality but I have to work that day. Even so, the charts I've seen show that greater than 90% of the sun will appear blocked for where I am in SE GA.

They were talking about it on the news last night. First I'd heard about it. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

There must have been at least a partial one back in the mid 90's because I remember being in high school and a science class got to go outside and see it.

I was skipping whatever class I had that period and just wandering the halls. LOL I saw a bunch of folks outside staring at sheets of notebook paper with holes poked in them and thought WTF?

I went outside to check it out and if I remember correctly, you can poke a hole in a piece of paper, hold it flat over concrete and it will project the eclipse onto the ground so you can safely view it.

I've been waiting for this, I'll have to check the path and see where we fall out in the whole thing around Carrollton. Might be time for a trip to Blairsville.
I was in Florida back in the early 80's for the last good eclipse I can remember. It was pretty cool. The palm trees were throwing a double shadow on the ground and the ocean was extremely calm for about 2 days on either side of the eclipse.
Hopefully it won't be cloudy when this one comes around.

Back
Top Bottom