• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar Panels: Are we setting ourselves up for an EMP strike nightmare?

Will solar set us up for an EMP strike nightmare?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And don't forget that an enemy attack is only one way we can get hit by an EMP. The other is a large enough coronal mass ejection. We have no control or defense against them and they have happened before.

You can get your daily space weather here:

Yup, checking this site while drinking my coffee is how I start every day. Better to find out first before the news agencies passes the word to everyone else, easier to grab cash from the bank before it runs out or buy last minute goods from the store on credit.

Also a good reason to know if you'll have to call out of work that day. Those long commutes to work wouldn't pass by so easily having to walk it back home. Worse yet, having kids and making the extra trip to get them home safe is a whole other adventure depending on their age & distance traveling.

I would only expect solar panels to work if I had a small system stored away in an underground shelter that had protection from an EMP.

Wouldn't need much but 3-4 panels to get a decent supply for basic need items like lighting & charging items. Probably wouldn't want a large amount anyways, due to the fact you'd have to keep them out of sight & store them each night from potential thieves.

Back
Top Bottom