• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Solar panels / solar roof ??

Been around some of the systems. It seems to me a natural gas generator would be the way to go if you have access to it. If not, propane or diesel. Like the electric cars, I don't feel the technology is there yet. I am a few years removed from the construction business at this point though

I am in the HVAC field and I have seen many new houses in which homeowners are installing gas generator, instead. Sounds interesting, because even if power goes out, you can whether have natural gas or the big propane tank, I think!
Yup I am considering that route.

Smokestacks from factories around the world that produce solar components today are still belching fossil fuel pollutants into the air simply because using solar power to produce their own solar products is cost prohibitive.

Attachments

• Solar Power the renewable burden on productive americans.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 3
Smokestacks from factories around the world that produce solar components today are still belching fossil fuel pollutants into the air simply because using solar power to produce their own solar products is cost prohibitive.
PS: anything is possible especially if one does not know what one is talking about

Kubota 10kw diesel generator connected to an "emergency sub-panel". It powers all the essential loads, everything but the AC and my wife's indoor pool. Has an auto transfer switch with auto start. Cost with me doing the entire installation was about $7500. I got rid of the factory enclosure as it leaked and there was no room for maintenance and built this gazebo around it. Dead quiet too. I also installed a gravity feed day tank as the engine would lose prime and fail to start otherwise.

We have run it for as many as 13 days straight on two occasions (hurricanes) and the 60 gallon tank still is only half full.

I have enough diesel in storage for it to run at full load for about 3.5 years if necessary.
New Kubota Diesel Generator.JPG

gazebo.JPG

Kubota 10kw diesel generator connected to an "emergency sub-panel". It powers all the essential loads, everything but the AC and my wife's indoor pool. Has an auto transfer switch with auto start. Cost with me doing the entire installation was about $7500. I got rid of the factory enclosure as it leaked and there was no room for maintenance and built this gazebo around it. Dead quiet too. I also installed a gravity feed day tank as the engine would lose prime and fail to start otherwise.

We have run it for as many as 13 days straight on two occasions (hurricanes) and the 60 gallon tank still is only half full.

I have enough diesel in storage for it to run at full load for about 3.5 years if necessary.
View attachment 3522101

View attachment 3522122
This makes way more sense than solar. If you do not have a nat gas hookup, this is dang near as good.

You do have biobar , I hope.

A friend was telling us about a company they met at the buckarama. The guy came out and it was like rainbow vacs, you get credit for referrals etc. I think financing was 25-30 years. Whoever you choose look at reviews. Friend did and folks were complaining that their bill didn't decrease much at all and they all had issues

Back
Top Bottom